BEST BLACK FRIDAY ROBOT VACUUM DEALS 2018 – SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Hello folks, it’s right about that time of the year when the shopping frenzy sets in. We’re just in October , but everyone is inquisitive on what are the best Black Friday robot vacuum deals in 2018.
Considering the crazy discounts we saw during last year’s event, the 2018 sale is expected to offer much better robot vacuum discounts and slashed of prices.
What is Black Friday?
For starters, Black Friday is an annual sale event in November acknowledged in the entire world. The sale marks the beginning of the shopping season in readiness for Christmas and New Year celebrations.
This winter sale is organized in almost all the countries with the US leading the pack for obvious reasons. However, different countries have a different understanding of the word, but one thing that remains consistent is that it is a sale event.
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the US, and the word was coined from the fact that there were many accidents and catastrophes on that day. This is quite true because we’ve seen several accidents during Black Friday, often caused by the crowds of shoppers. But thanks to Amazon and the rest of the online retailers, you can scramble for deals without leaving your house.
Also, some explanations suggest that it is a period in the calendar when retailers started making profits thus moving from the red zone to the black zone.
In the UK, Canada, Mexico, France, Australia, Germany, and the rest of the countries, there could also be different explanations, but one thing remains uniform; it’s the biggest annual sale!
Is Black Friday a holiday?
Black Friday itself is not a federal holiday, but there are some states like California that observe a different holiday on the day after Thanksgiving that is Black Friday. The holiday is not related to shopping but a dedication to government employees. Georgia also has a public holiday on the same day as Black Friday.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is held on the day after Thanksgiving meaning it’s scheduled for the 23rd of November 2018. In 2016, Black Friday was held on 26th November and 24th November in 2017.
The 2019 Black Friday, on the other hand, is scheduled for 29th November.
The 2018 Black Friday is set for November 23, but I am sure deals will start trickling in that week, through the weekend and even to post-Cyber Monday. We’ve seen some retailers even coining their own ‘Black Thursday’ by starting their sale on Thanksgiving.
For the clever shopper, it’s a good idea to start scouting for deals from November 20th. If you have a tight schedule, you can subscribe to deals and price drop alerts to receive updates when there are deals.
Black Friday 2018 Robot Vacuum Deals
The robot vacuums industry is among the most popular categories during this winter sale. Already, several stores have started releasing sneak peeks of their robot vacuums deals.
One may wonder, what’s the fuss about Black Fridays and robot vacuums?
Well, there are three reasons why robot vacuums are increasingly becoming popular during sale events.
- First, the popularity of robot vacuums has increased drastically. They offer so much convenience, unlike the upright vacuums and canisters. These little robots work autonomously meaning you don’t have to be at home to vacuum the floor or carpets.
- Another thing that’s making robot vacuums a hot debate during Black Friday is the increased demand for connected gadgets. Right now, the smart home is becoming a reality. Everyone wants to have a connected home, and the result is the plummeting of the smart home industry. Some robot vacuums come with Wi-Fi and Alexa compatibility making them hot cakes for the hungry smart home market.
- Third, the robot vacuums market has become very competitive. Five years ago, iRobot was the dominant brand, but today, the market is flooded. We have seen two cheap Chinese brands; ILIFE and ECOVACS taking center stage with low prices being their advantage.
Besides costs, there is a lot of competition when it comes to innovation.
- Also, all the other household names in the cleaning industry have joined the board. Shark Ninja, Samsung, Dyson, and Panasonic have all ventured into the market. As witnessed during last year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, these sales are a platform for the robot vacuum brands to battle it out. Everyone wants to record the highest number of sales to grow the brand’s popularity and eventually, market share.
Revisiting Black Friday 2017 Robot Vacuum Deals
Here are the highlights of the 2017 Black Friday robot vacuum deals.
- Roomba 960 and 980 retailed at $100 off meaning the 960 sold for $599 while the 980 went for $799. This was a huge discount considering the two were the top of the range iRobot vacuums then. Roomba 690 attracted a $100 discount making it the cheapest Roomba with Alexa. Roomba 877 was the best Roomba deal in Black Friday 2017. It sold for $399, up from $730.
- Neato Robotics offered up to 25% discount on most of their models. The D3 and D5 Connected sold at a discount of $120 and $100 respectively while the Neato Botvac D80 has a $50 discount.
- Hoover announced its entrance to the scene with a $350 discount on their Hoover BH71000 Quest 1000. This was close to 50% discount making it among the best robot vacuums deals then.
- ECOVACS was not left behind offering two models at almost half price. The M80 Pro sold at 47% discount while the M81 Pro retailed at 30% discount.
- Shark also featured in the sale with a 25% discount on the Shark ION 750 model. The Shark ION 720 was also on sale attracting 20% discount, but it’s the RV750 that carried the day because of the smart connectivity.
These are just some of the fantastic deals that we saw in last year’s sale. This year, we expect crazier deals and a wide range of products. We have seen over a hundred new models released since November 2017.
What Are The Best Black Friday 2018 Robot Vacuum Deals?
iRobot Roomba Deals
We’ve also seen the Roomba 690 drop below the $300 mark twice this year, and maybe it’s time the cheapest smart Roomba will hit the lowest price to compete with Deebot N79s.
Here are all the 2018 Black Friday Roomba deals.
If you want a carpet vacuum, there are several models to choose from. The prices are also fair, and even though they were no major deal last year, we expect prices to drop significantly this year.
Here are all the 2018 Black Friday EUFY deals.
Neato Botvac Deals
This brand has also released new products, and we are eager to see some good deals as well.
Here are the best Neato Black Friday 2018 deals.
In July, we’ve seen the price drop on a few models with the ILIFE A4s notable falling to $125 in July.
Here are the iLIFE Black Friday deals for this year.
The Deebot N79s has been the highlight of the Deebot Series.
We’ve seen its price drop to $120 before plummeting to $230.
Here are all the Deebot Black Friday deals.
Shark ION Deals
This could be the final big sale for Shark NV752 as we await the release of a new Shark robot vacuum.
Here are the Shark Black Friday deals this year.
How to select the best robot vacuum
1. What are your needs?
One of the things that make robot vacuum unique is that they are highly specialized to suit specific cleaning demands of homeowners. So far, robot vacuums have been segmented depending on the cleaning they offer.
Here are a few recommendations but you can find our detailed robot vacuum buying guide here in this review of the best robot vacuums in the market.
If you have hardwood floors, look out for a vacuum with soft bristle brushes or rubber extractors because they are gentle on the fragile surface. You may also want to consider a mopping function which ensures floors are cleaned with minimal water as moisture is hardwood floor’s enemy number one. We have reviewed the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors.
For homeowners with carpets, a vacuum with high suction power is the most ideal. The higher the carpet pile, the more the suction required. On some specific rugs like shag, you also need to consider the brush and several other factors.
We have done a review of the best robot vacuums for carpets in 2018.
Some of the models that feature in the review include Roomba 980, Neato Botvac D7 Connected, Shark ION 752, Deebot N79S, among others.
We also have robot vacuums that have been designed to handle pet messes. If you are ever frustrated by the pet hair on your floor and carpets, look out for moderate suction so as not to blow away the pet hair, a tangle-free brush and preferably, a robot mop. HEPA filters are also necessary to combat the pet dander related allergens.
On this website, we also have a review of the best robot vacuums for pet hair in 2018. Among the models that are ideal for pets include Roomba 690, bObsweep PetHair, Roomba 980, ILIFE V7s Pro, ECOVACS N79s among others.
Large apartments and high traffic rooms require a longer time to clean and precision respectively.
For the smart home shopper, there is so much in stock for you. We have robot vacuums with Wi-Fi for Smartphone operation as well as integration with other connected devices like Amazon Alexa, HomeKit, SmartThings, among others.
ECOVACS N79s is a great choice because it offers a wide range of smart features at a very low price compared to the likes of Roomba 980 and the new Roomba i7+.
2. What are the best brands?
The robot vacuums industry has attracted a lot of companies. Today, the market is flooded with all kinds of brands, from the trusted ones to come cheap knockoffs.
As a rule of the thumb, buy from a trusted brand. Some of the household names in the market are iRobot, Neato Robotics, ILIFE, ECOVACS, SharkNinja, Dyson, Samsung, and the rest. Don’t shy away from the cheap Chinese brands like ILIFE, Xiaomi, and ECOVACS; they have some excellent products unlike most of their counterparts.
But why should you buy these top brands yet they are expensive?
- First, one thing that is synonymous with top brands is reliability and value for money. Buying from a trusted brand guarantees you a good robot vacuum most of the time.
- The second reason you need a top brand is that of the after-sales services. These little-known brands have very poor after sales and customer support. They don’t honor warranties and finding replacement parts like filters, brushes, and accessories may be a nightmare.
3. What’s your budget?
Lastly, you have to set your budget. The robot vacuums market offers a range of options, from the cheap robot vacuums under $200 like most ILIFE robot vacuums to high-end models like Roomba i7+ that cost over $900.
Typically, one would be more inclined to think that the expensive models are the best and the cheap ones a waste of money. I agree with the rule of ‘you get what you pay for, but things may be entirely different with robot vacuums. Some cheap models deliver excellent performance and consequently, better value for money.
Black Friday Shopping Tips
Here are three essential tips for shopping online during Black Friday.
1. Window shop upcoming deals
Well, Black Friday deals are meant to be surprise deals but don’t let them catch you by surprise. Make sure to do some window shopping to have an idea of what are the upcoming sales.
You don’t want to fall for a robot vacuum on the first day, yet there is a better deal of a robot vacuum with a mop on the second day. We understand this might be a hassle and that’s why our editors will be updating this review with all the latest robot vacuum deals they discover.
2. Prepare a wish list
Black Friday deals are irresistible because of the crazy discounts. If you are the impulse buyer, this is not a sale you want to go into freestyle without any specific agenda.
Prepare a wish list and try to stick to it because the slashed prices might get you buying things you don’t need because they are cheap.
For every item you have in your shopping list, browse for the best deals you have seen so far and prioritize the models based on their performance.
3. Watch out for flash sales
One of the exciting things about Black Friday is the flash sales. This is a timed event where you find select items at incredibly low prices.
Flash sales are just there to excite customers, but in the long run, some people benefit from low prices. Usually, the stock for items on flash sale is always limited, so it’s a first come first served basis.
Make sure to check out once you’ve added the product to cart. Remember, you snap a deal upon checking out and getting an order number and not by just adding it to cart. Watch out for these mini sales because you might get the Roomba 980 for $200; you never know.
Other helpful tips
- Have a stable internet connection and a fast device
- Always be ready with your account logged in and shipping and payment details up to date
- Be patient when your favorite product is sold out, the seller might update inventory
- Try Amazon Prime for exclusive offers and services
We expect to have plenty of deals as each brand tries to assert itself in the competitive robot vacuums market.
Remember the date, 23rd November 2018, that’s when the 2018 Black Friday will start.
But if you ask me, every other day has been Black Friday if you are the smart shopper who knows where to get the deals. There are always crazy deals out there, the problem is spotting them.
For us, we are still on the hunt, and that’s why you should bookmark this page if you want to get the best robot vacuums deals this Black Friday.