🥇 Roborock e20 vs S50
- Price history
- Last price changes
Price history Type Price When Current 300$ June 16, 2019 Highest 300$ May 21, 2019 Lowest 300$ May 21, 2019 Last price changes Date Price May 21, 2019 300$
- Price history
- Last price changes
Price history Type Price When Current 615$ June 16, 2019 Highest 619$ May 21, 2019 Lowest 615$ June 2, 2019 Last price changes Date Price Jun 2, 2019 615$ May 27, 2019 618$ May 21, 2019 619$
|Main advantages||Roborock E20||Roborock S50|
|Good for Pet Hair||Yes||Yes|
|Recharge and Resume||Yes||Yes|
|Run Time||100 min||150 min|
|Full Bin Indicator||No||No|
|Cleaning System||Cyclonic 3D||Synchronous sweeping and mopping|
|Сleaning Area||2153 ft2 / 200 m2||2691 ft2 / 250 m2|
|Cleaning Modes||Carpet, Quiet, Mopping, Balanced, Turbo and Max||Carpet, Quiet, Mopping, Balanced, Turbo & Max|
|Brushes||A floating main brush, side brushes and rolling brushes||1pcs main brush|
|Dustbin Capacity||640 ml||500 ml|
|Best for...||Sweeping and Mopping Robotic Vacuum Cleaning Dust and Pet Hair||Ideal for big house and multi-room|
|Navigation||Inertial Navigation with 13 types of sensor||Smart|
|Battery Capacity||2600mAh||5200 mAh|
|Charging Time||120 mins||240 min|
|RunTime||100 minutes||150 min|
|Control and Apps|
|Remote Control (IR)||No||No|
|Amazon Alexa Support||Yes||Yes|
|Google Assistant Support||Yes||Yes|
|Width||13.78 in||13.78 in|
|Height||3.6 inches||3.78 in|
|Weight||6.61 lbs||7.72 lbs|
|In box||The Xiaomi Roborock xiaowa E20, Instruction manual (in Chinese), a charging station, power cord and a round tray. There are also different types of nozzles and a container for wet cleaning, filters, etc. The company has also included filters and unique clothes for wet cleaning (one per adapter, the second spare), spare drip valves for wet cleaning, the branded cutter of hair and debris – to clean rollers and brushes.||Roborock S50, adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual.|
|View on Amazon||View on Amazon|
In this robot vacuum comparison review, we have compared an inexpensive Xiaomi model to a high-end Roborock vacuum cleaner. Both models are from Chinese brands. Find out which is the best model between Roborock e20 vs. S50. We have listed the similarities and differences as well.
But before we go to that, it is imperative that we answer one crucial question: is Xiaomi the same as Roborock?
Xiaomi vs. Roborock
Many people assume that the current line of Roborock vacuums are the same as Xiaomi. Well, this was true in the past but not anymore.
A few years back, Roborock was under the larger Xiaomi umbrella, but that ended with the release of the Xiaomi Roborock 2.
Today, Roborock is an independent brand manufacturing its line of vacuum cleaners. But note that all the previous Xiaomi vacuum cleaners were all made by Roborock but under Xiaomi.
Now, back to our main business of the day, how does Roborock e20 compare to the Roborock S50?
The Roborock e20, also known as Xiaowa e20, is an upgrade of the previous release, Xiaowa Lite. Here are the highlights of this cheap Xiaomi vacuum cleaner.
- Affordability – The Xiaowa E20 costs around $400 which is $200 cheaper than the Roborock S50.
- Two color options – This vacuum is available in dark grey and white.
- 2-in-1 cleaning – The e20 is accompanied by a water tank, meaning it sweeps, vacuums and mops simultaneously.
- Larger bin – This model comes with a large 0.64L bin making it great for busy homes as it reduces the frequency of bin emptying.
- 100 minutes runtime – Under the hood, the Xiaowa E20 has a 2600mAh battery. It automatically recharges and resumes cleaning.
- Smart control – Despite the cheaper price, Xiaowa integrates WiFi function to support mobile app operation and Alexa/Assistant control.
Also known as the Roborock S5, this is the flagship model from Roborock as an independent brand. Here are the highlights of the S5.
- Four color options – The S5 is available in black (S55), white (S50), rose gold (S51) and Inter Milan blue (S52).
- 2-in-1 cleaning – Roborock S5 will sweep, vacuum and mop simultaneously.
- 2000Pa maximum suction – The powerful motor delivers a maximum of 2000Pa, which is more potent than the likes of Roomba 980 and Neato D7.
- 150 minutes runtime – It packs a 5200mAh battery that automatically recharges, and the cleaner resumes automatically afterwards.
- Smart connectivity – This model supports 2.4GHz WiFi for mobile app operation as well as Alexa and Assistant voice control platforms.
- Digital boundaries – Block off restricted areas using the virtual boundaries in the app.
- Zone Cleaning – This feature allows you to plot areas that require intensive cleaning, for example, the kitchen.
- Manual Cleaning – Take control of the vacuum and direct it to the dirt hotspots from your mobile app.
Roborock e20 vs. S5 Similarities
From the fact that the two models were manufactured by the same brand, though at different times, they share several features. Here are the similarities;
- Vacuum & mop function – Both models will sweep and vacuum simultaneously and actually come with water tanks.
- 3-point cleaning system – They also share a similar 3-stage cleaning process; sweep, agitate, and pick up.
- Smart connectivity – Roborock included 2.4GHz WiFI in both models. They both support Smartphone operation, as well as voice control (Alexa and Google Home).
- Voice Prompts – The e20 and S5 can also be operated using voice prompts.
- Manual Cleaning – Both models can be directed to where dirt is using the mobile app.
Roborock S50 vs. e20 Differences
The S5 is a newer model, and more expensive for that matter. Here are the differences that bring the price variation between the two.
- Dimensions and weight – Even though they are all round shaped, the e20 is compact. It has a 14.78-inches diameter, 3.54-inches height and weighs just 6.61lbs. Roborock S5 has the same 13.78-inch diameter, 3.78-inches height, and weighs 7.72lbs.
- Color options – The S5 is available in four color options while the e20 is available in white and dark grey.
- Suction power – The S5 is more potent and can deliver up to 2000Pa while the e20 produces 1800Pa.
- Bin and tank capacity – Roborock boasts a 0.5L bin capacity and a 0.14L water tank. As for Xiaowa, the bin is 0.64L while the water tank is 0.15L.
- Autonomy – Roborock has a bigger battery that lasts it for 150 minutes on average, whereas the Xiaowa e20 does 100 minutes.
- Cleaning area – The difference in autonomy brings a difference in the cleaning area. Xiaowa e20 can do a maximum of 2153 ft2 / 200m2 whereas the Roborock S5 can manage 2691 ft2 / 250m2.
- Zone Cleaning – This cleaning customization feature is available only in the Roborock S5.
- Digital boundaries – Xiaowa e20 lacks any form of barrier marking while the S50 supports digital borders on the mobile app.
Who should buy the Xiaowa e20?
- Budget buyer – The e20 costs a fraction of what the S50 goes for.
- Bare floors, carpets and pet owners – The Xiaowa does an excellent job on hardwood, tile, linoleum, vinyl, and bare concrete floors. It also handles low to medium pile carpets exceptionally as well as pet hair and pet messes.
- Large apartment owners – The large bin and water tank will go a long way in cleaning large apartments with lots of dirt. You won’t have to empty or fill the water tank frequently.
Who should buy the Roborock S5?
- Those with bare floors, carpets, and pets – The S5 has been optimized to offer excellent cleaning on hard floors like hardwood, tile, and linoleum and well as low to high pile carpets including shag. Pet hair will also not be spared.
- Buyers with busy homes – Zone Cleaning lets you customize your cleaning better. You can map out the dirt hotspots instead of letting the robot clean the entire house.
- Large apartments – The longer runtime means longer cleaning times and consequently, a more extensive cleaning area.
That’s the end of this Roborock e20 vs. S50 comparison review. As you have seen, the newer S5 has better features and functionality but comes at a higher price. In the same token, the Xiaowa e20 boasts all the essential features but lacks several extras, and that is the reason for the cheap price.
Get the S50 if you don’t have budget constraints, but if you are on a budget, you can sacrifice the extras and go with the Xiaowa e20 – it is still an excellent value for money!