Proscenic vs Dyson Comparison Review
Dyson and Proscenic are household names when it comes to stick vacuums. But there is a clear difference between the two in terms of pricing. Dyson stick vacuums are costly, but Proscenic has reasonably priced models.
In this Proscenic vs Dyson comparison review, we have stripped down the popular models from each brand to find out how they compare. But before we go into the details, here is an overview of the two brands and the respective models in this comparison review.
Last update on 2023-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Dyson is a British brand best known for its range of vacuum cleaners, including uprights, canisters, and stick vacuums. The company’s product portfolio includes hair dryers, hair stylers, fans, humidifiers, and lighting solutions.
The company has invested heavily in R&D, and that’s why its products always stand out. One of the most popular Dyson products is the stick vacuums.
Dyson Cyclone V11
In 2019, Dyson introduced the Dyson V11 series that has four variants. We have the Dyson V11 Animal, Dyson V11 Absolute, Dyson V11 Torque Drive, and Dyson V11 Outsize. Here again, the models have a lot in common, but there are differences in appearance and accessories.
In this review, we will go with the Dyson V11 Animal, which is the most affordable piece in the V11 series.
Proscenic is a relatively new brand. So far, the brand has several products in its portfolio, including robot vacuum cleaners, stick and handheld vacuums, and smart fryers, among other appliances. On the question of whether Prosecnic is a good brand, the answer is yes. If you have no problem with Chinese brands, then you are good to go with Proscenic.
In the past, Chinese brands were loathed for their low quality, but the truth is that there are some genuine Chinese brands, for example, Proscenic. The brand has ventured into the stick vacuums segment with their P series. Below are the highlights of the Proscenic stick vacuums in this comparison review.
Proscenic P10 Pro
As the name suggests, the Proscenic P10 Pro is an improved version of the P10. It comes with most of the features that the P10 has, but there are a few improvements. First, the P10 Pro comes with a bigger battery that offers longer runtime than the P10. Another difference is regarding suction power.
The P10 Pro is much more powerful compared to the P10. You can rely on this vacuum to clean all surfaces, including hard-to-reach spots.
Proscenic vs Dyson Face to Face Comparison
Now that we know a thing or two about the different models in this comparison review, let’s get into the details. We will compare the six stick vacuums in light of the factors considered when choosing stick vacuums. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Design and Aesthetics
In the first segment of this Dyson vs Proscenic comparison review, let’s find out about the dimensions, weight, and aesthetics of the two models from Dyson and the three models from Proscenic.
Dyson V10 and V11 Design and Aesthetics
- The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal boasts a sleek and stylish design. It measures 9.84 x 10.08 x 49.17 inches and weighs just 5.86 lbs. Regarding the finish, the V11 Animal is purple, with red and silver accents alongside a clear dustbin.
- When it comes to the Dyson V11 Animal, there is not much difference in terms of style. This one, too, has a sleek design, but the dimensions and weight vary a little bit. The V11 Animal is 49.65 x 9.84 x 10.28 inches and weighs 6.68lbs. A for the finish, this model is purple with red and silver accents.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Design and Aesthetics
- The Proscenic P10 has the same design as Dyson stick vacuums, but it’s more compact. It measures 47 x 10 x 8.6 inches and weighs just 8lbs. When it comes to aesthetics, this stick vacuum is blue and black, while the dust cup is transparent.
- Next is the P10 Pro, which also has a stylish design, but then there are differences in dimensions, weight, and color. This one measures 47 x 10 x 8.6-inches and weighs 8.2lbs. When it comes to the finish, the P10 Pro is Prussian blue, with black accents and a transparent dust cup.
- Last is the Proscenic P11 which sports a sleek design, just like the rest of the stick vacuums in this review. When it comes to dimensions and weight, the P11 measures 48.23 x 10.04 x 8.72 inches and weighs 8.8lbs. As for the finish, this vacuum is grey, with black and red accents. The dust cup is clear, just like the P10 and P10 Pro.
So, what’s the best deal when it comes to dimensions and weight? Well, it’s hard to call a winner as the five stick vacuums are almost similar with negligible differences in the dimensions and weight. As for the finish, all five vacuums are appealing.
2. What’s in the Box?
Another important consideration when choosing the best stick vacuum is the accessories. In this segment, find out what to expect in the package of these Dyson and Proscenic stick vacuums.
Dyson V10 and V11 Accessories and Attachments
- High torque cleaner head
- Stubborn dirt brush
- Mini motorized tool
- Combination tool
- Crevice tool
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Accessories and Attachments
- Floor brush
- Round brush
- Mini-motorized tool
- Crevice tool
- Extended tube
When it comes to accessories and attachments, it’s also hard to call a winner between Dyson vs. Proscenic. Both brands equip their stick vacuums with plenty of attachments and accessories for versatility.
3. Cleaning Orientation
Stick vacuums, just like robot vacuums, uprights, and canisters, are highly specialized for specific cleaning needs. As a buyer, make sure you understand what the above models are best suited for. That’s what we’ll be examining in this section.
What’s Dyson V10 Animal and V11 Animal Designed For?
Next is the Dyson V11 Animal, which is not different from the V10 Animal in any way. This model, too, transforms into a handheld for versatility. It is designed to vacuum all bare floors and carpets alike. The V11 Animal can also reach those awkward places such as the ceiling, curtains, and the rest.
In handheld mode, you can also use it as a car vacuum. The Animal is also ideal for homes with pets as it has the appropriate attachments for handling pet messes such as pet hair and pet-related dander.
What is Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Designed For?
The Proscenic P10 Pro may be an updated model, but it doesn’t offer anything new as far as cleaning orientation is concerned. This cleaner is ideal for vacuuming all types of bare floors as well as carpets. It is also a stick vacuum that can be transformed into a hand-vac for versatility.
You can use it to reach high up places and clean fragile surfaces such as upholstery, curtains, etc. The P10 Pro will also leave your atmosphere fresh by capturing dust and pet-related allergens.
In terms of cleaning orientation, there is no clear winner as the two brands offer vacuums that are suited for multi-surface cleaning. They can also be detached from the stick mode to the handheld mode.
4. Is Proscenic More Powerful than Dyson?
When it comes to vacuum cleaners, suction power is fundamental. Definitely, you want a vacuum that has high suction power. Another feature to look out for is adjustable suction. In this segment, let’s find out which of the two brands has the highest suction power.
Dyson V10 Animal and V11 Animal Suction Power
As for the Dyson V11 Animal, there is a drastic improvement in suction power. This model tags along with an enhanced Dyson Hyperdymium motor that delivers a whopping 185 AW making it one of the most potent stick vacuums around.
Just like the V10 Animal, the V11 Animal has three power modes; Auro, Eco, and Boost modes. The adjustable cleaning modes give users the right balance of power and run time.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Suction Power
Next is the Proscenic P10 Pro that comes with an advanced brushless motor. This time, it can deliver 25,000pa to ensure proper vacuuming regardless of the surface, be it bare floors or the high pile carpets and area rugs.
You can adjust the speed settings of the P10 Pro depending on your cleaning needs.
As you may have noticed, the two brands have different ways of measuring suction power. While Dyson stresses on air watts, Proscenic defines the suction power of their stick vacuums in pascals. From our tests, the truth of the matter is that Dyson’s stick vacuums have better suction compared to Proscenic. This will be more evident when we will be discussing the cleaning test results.
5. Filtration System
The filtration system of stick vacuums is also an important consideration when evaluating the best model to go for. The filtration system includes the filters used and, importantly, the dustbin. Find out which of the two brands excels when it comes to filtration systems.
Dyson V10 and V11 Filtration and Dustbin Capacity
- The Dyson V10 Animal has been engineered with a whole machine filtration system that consists of quality filters that capture 99.9% of allergens and can filter down to 0.3 microns. 14 cyclones generate forces of up to 79,000g to capture and retain all microscopic particles inside the bin. As for the bin, this vacuum is equipped with a 0.75L (0.2 gallons) dustbin. To make emptying effortless and hygienic, Dyson engineered the V10 Animal with the ‘point and shoot’ mechanism that ejects the bin in one action so users won’t have to touch it.
- The Dyson V11 Animal doesn’t bring any changes when it comes to filtration quality. Here again, the UK brand used high-performance filters that capture up to 99.9% of allergens, dust, and other microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns. There are also 14 cyclones that create a strong centrifugal force ensuring all microscopic dirt is sucked into the bin. Regarding the bin, you still get a 0.75L bin engineered with Dyson’s clever ‘point and shoot’ mechanism for effortless and hygienic bin emptying.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro and P11 Filtration and Dustbin Capacity
- The Proscenic P10 comes with an MSF cyclone four-stage filtration system but the filters used are not of high quality as those used in Dyson stick vacuums. They can filter 99.9% of allergens, but they can’t filter down to 0.3 microns. As for the bin, we have a clear 0.65L bin. Even though it’s easy to empty, it doesn’t offer the same user experience as Dysons innovative easy to empty bin.
- Next is the P10 Pro, which is precisely the same as the P10, both in terms of filtration and the bin features. Here again, you get a four-stage filtration system that includes a high-efficiency filter, sponge, steel mesh, and a cyclone ionosphere. As for the bin, Proscenic maintained the same 0.65L bin that the P10 comes with. There are no fancy features to make the emptying process easier or hygienic.
- Last is the Proscenic P11, which also comes with a four-stage filtration system to capture all types of dust and allergens, such as pet dander. As for the bin, this is still a bagless stick vacuum that comes with a clear 0.65L dustbin.
Here, Dyson is the clear winner. The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal and V11 Animal both come with high-efficiency filters that ensure your atmosphere remains free from any dust, bad odor, and pet-related allergens. The UK brand also excels when it comes to the bin system. Dyson engineered its two stick vacuums in this review with a larger 0.75L bin. More so, the ‘point and shoot’ mechanism enhances usability.
6. Battery and Runtime
The stick vacuums in this Dyson vs Proscenic comparison review are all cordless. That means inbuilt rechargeable batteries power them. Now, as a buyer, you definitely want a model that has the longest runtime to enable you to complete your cleaning tasks without interruptions. So, let’s find out which of the two brands is the winner regarding battery and runtime.
Dyson V10 Animal and V11 Animal Battery and Runtime
When it comes to Dyson V11 Animal, we still have the same seven-cell nickel-cobalt-aluminum click-in battery that guarantees fade-free power. The V11 Animal can offer up to 60 minutes of runtime. But when the Torque Drive cleaning head is attached and the cleaner is in Suction I, the runtime drops to 35 minutes which is still impressive compared to the old generation Dyson stick vacuums.
The recharge time of the V11 Animal is still 4.5 hours on average. One great feature of the Dyson V11 Animal is the integrated power management system that consists of a trigger to help you manage the runtime by pressing the trigger only when you need power.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Battery and Runtime
Next is the Proscenic P10 Pro, which also tags along with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The 1600mAh battery can run the vacuum for a cool 55 minutes when in Eco mode. Of course, in high power modes and when using the motorized attachments, the runtime dips.
In Auto mode, expect an average of 17-31 minutes, while in Max mode, it does 12-14 minutes. One advantage of the P10 Pro is the fast charging capability. You can get a full charge in just 2.5 hours.
There you have it, folks, a rundown of the battery and runtime of the two and three Dyson and Proscenic cordless vacuums. So, what’s the best bang for the buck? Here, there’s no doubt that Dyson takes the crown. The V10 Animal and V11 Animal have a longer runtime. What’s more? Dyson’s batteries have a longer life cycle than Proscenics’.
7. Cleaning Head and Attachments
While suction power is paramount, the cleaning head and attachments also matter. This section analyzes how Dyson’s cleaning head and attachments compare to that of Proscenic.
Dyson V10 Animal and V11 Animal Cleaning Head and Attachments
- The Dyson V10 Animal comes with a Torque Drive cleaner head as the primary cleaning attachment. Inside the 10.1-inch cleaner head, a DC motor within the brush bar transfers torque more efficiently to agitate stuck-on dirt on both bare floors and carpets. In addition to the primary cleaning head, you can use the combination tool, crevice tool, mini motorized tool, or the soft dusting brush.
- The Dyson V11 Animal has a narrower 9.84-inch Torque Drive cleaning head, but most internal components are similar to what you find in the Dyson V10 Animal. Under the hood, a DC motor motorizes the brush bar up to 60 times a second, driving the stiff nylon bristles deep into the carpet pile, removing stuck-on dirt. Alongside the High Torque cleaner head, you can use the stubborn dirt brush, mini motorized tool, combination tool, or the crevice tool.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Cleaning Head and Attachments
- The P10 comes with an 8.6-inch cleaning head that can rotate 90-degrees to the front side and 180 degrees to the left and right side. This makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach spots and other awkward areas. Under the hood, there’s a floor roller brush, zig-zag in shape with a tangle-free mechanism to prevent tangling. This cleaning head also has LED lights to illuminate the dark corners and wall edges when vacuuming in the dark. Besides the main cleaning head, users can attach the round brush, long crevice nozzle, or the mini motorized tool.
- The P10 Pro is also a 4-in-1 stick vacuum, just like its predecessor, the P10. It tags along with an 8.6-inches primary cleaning head with LED lights for vacuuming in the dark. This is also a rotatable cleaning head that can rotate 90 degrees to the front and 180 degrees to the right and left. Inside the cleaning head, Proscenic has maintained the zig-zag-shaped tangle-free main brush. Besides the primary brushroll, we have the long crevice tool, mini motorized tool, and round brush.
- Last is the Proscenic P11, which comes with an 8.72-inch cleaning head with LED lights. The cleaning head is also rotatable to the front, left, and right as well. Inside the cleaning head, there is a tangle-free brush. What’s interesting about the P11 is the Carpet Detection feature that detects all carpets more than 10mm high and increases suction automatically. Besides the primary cleaning head, the P11 can be used with the round brush, mini motorized tool, and crevice tool.
Here, it’s hard to call a winner now that Proscenic and Dyson both have some bells and whistles. We really like Proscenic now that the cleaning head is rotatable, making it very versatile and flexible when cleaning those hard-to-reach spots. The three Proscenic cleaning heads also have LED lights. On the other hand, the cleaning head of the two Dyson stick vacuums do a great job in terms of dirt agitation. Dyson cleaning heads are also great for handling the long pet hair that tangles most brushrolls.
8. Cleaning Tests
As is the norm, we test all the vacuums we review. For Dyson and Proscenic, we tested the range of stick vacuums on bare floors and carpets using a variety of household dirt. Below are the results of our cleaning tests.
9. Usability and Convenience
When looking for the best stick vacuum, you should mind the usability and the convenience features on board. Here, a good vacuum should be versatile, ergonomic, and easy to handle. A modern stick vacuum should also have smart features and controls that make operation easy. So, how does Dyson compare to Proscenic when it comes to usability and convenience?
Dyson V10 Animal and V11 Animal Usability and Convenience
When it comes to the Dyson V11 Animal, this is also a cordless stick vacuum and can also be used as a hand-vac. It also comes with a lightweight and compact design with swivel steering to allow the stick vacuum to reach under low profile furniture, around furniture, and other tricky spots. Just like the V10 Animal, the V11 also comes with a drop-in docking station.
There’s also Dyson’s integrated power management system for power management. Interestingly, the V11 Animal comes with an LED screen that lets users switch between the three cleaning modes.
Proscenic P10, P10 Pro, and P11 Usability and Convenience
The Proscenic P10 Pro is also a cordless vacuum that transforms into a handheld vacuum. It is lightweight and compact and has swivel steering alongside a rotatable cleaning head to allow the vacuum to reach under and around furniture.
As for controls, Proscenic opted for an LED display that shows the remaining power, error codes, and the suction mode.
That’s it, a comparison of the usability and controls of the Dyson and Proscenic stick vacuums in this comparison review. The ultimate battle here is between the Proscenic P11 vs. Dyson V11 Animal. There is no clear winner here as both brands offer excellent usability and convenience.
Proscenic vs Dyson: What’s the Best Choice?
There you have it, folks, a detailed Dyson vs Proscenic comparison review. So, what’s the best brand? Well, this is not a straightforward question as it depends on a few factors, importantly, pricing, cleaning performance, and features.
That’s all we had for you in this Dyson vs Proscenic comparison review. As witnessed above, both brands, Dyson and Proscenic, have advantages and disadvantages. The bottom line is, if you want a reliable and high-performance stick vacuum, go for Dyson but be ready to fork out more. However, if you are on a budget, Proscenic is still a great option.