Dyson Animal vs. Animal 2 vs. Multi Floor 2 vs. Multi Floor
If you are on the search for the best bagless upright vacuum cleaner, Dyson is among the best brands. But then, you will find it hard to choose between Dyson Animal 2 vs. Multi Floor 2, two of the best models from the UK brand.
In this article, we have compared all the essentials and finally declared a winner in this closely contested battle. Find out which model between the two is worth the money in 2020.
“Did you know that Dyson is helping in the management of the Coronavirus pandemic. The UK company has designed an innovative ventilator and promises to deliver 15,000 units.”
Dyson Multi Floor 2 vs. Animal 2: What’s Similar
- Vacuum type – These vacuums are all upright corded vacuums
- Ball technology – All the Dyson Ball vacuums come with Ball Technology
- Handling and maneuverability – There is a slight difference in weight, but the handling and maneuverability are similar
- Cleaning head – They all feature a self-adjusting cleaning head with a motorized brush bar
- Filtration – These vacuums all feature whole-machine HEPA filtration
- Hose length – ABoth models feature a 10ft hose length
Dyson Multi Floor 2 vs. Animal 2: What’s Different
- Design and aesthetics – There is a slight difference in the dimensions and weight, as well as the colors
- Suction power – The Animal 2 models have higher suction compared to the other models
- Bin capacity – The capacity of the bins vary with the Multi Floor having the largest capacity
- Cord length – The Dyson Ball Animal 2 features a longer 35ft cord compared to the 30ft cord in the Multi Floor
- Accessories and attachments – Each model is equipped differently in terms of accessories and attachments
Now that you are aware of the features they share, and more so the differences, let’s look at each model and find out the pros and cons.
You will realize that the two models are actually upgrades of the original versions.
The two (Dyson Ball Multi Floor vs. Multi Floor 2) are quite similar in that they take the same upright bagless design, with a ball and wheels for maneuverability.
The accessories and attachments included are the same, and so is the HEPA filtration, with washable filters.
While the two share a lot of features, there are some noteworthy differences.
First, the new model has a maximum suction power of 245AW, while the Original variant boasts a maximum of 270AW. This is despite the fact that both models use Radial Root Cyclone™ Technology. What this means is that the older model is a better deal for vacuuming carpets, as it also features multiple carpet height adjustments.
There is also a difference in terms of the dimensions and weight with the new Multi Floor 2 boasting a more compact design, and of course, it is lighter. The new Multi Floor 2 also comes with a shorter 10ft hose while the predecessor brags a generous 15ft hose.
Now, which model should you buy?
Well, the Dyson Ball Multi Floor sounds a great deal as it tags along with higher suction power, a longer cord, and hose. But then, it’s quite an old model, and more so, very heavy.
For that reason, we recommend the Dyson Multi Floor 2 as it’s lightweight, and packs most of the features the Multi Floor Origin has.
While the Dyson Ball Multi Floor series vacuums have been here for a long time, the Animal series is entirely new, and as the name suggests, they are specialized for handling pet messes, among other kinds of dirt.
These two vacuums have several features in common including the ball design, HEPA filtration.
The first difference is the suction power, and here, the new Animal 2 puts up a cool 306AW while the Animal delivers a maximum of 270AW, so the former is the best choice for carpets.
Please note, in the market, you will find various models of the Dyson Animal 2, including the Total Clean, which tags along with six attachments for additional cleaning.
Other variants include the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Pet Grooming Bundle, Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Pet Grooming Bundle, and the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Reach Under Tool Bundle.
Now, if you are wondering which is the best choice between Dyson Animal vs. Animal 2, here’s the deal.
Pick the new Animal 2 as it tags along with higher suction power, and most importantly, there are several variants to choose from depending on your cleaning needs.
Dyson Multi Floor 2 vs. Animal 2 Face to Face Comparison
After discussing a few things about the individual models, it’s time we get to the main agenda of the day, comparing the Dyson Ball Animal 2 vs. Multi Floor 2. Without further ado, let’s get down to business.
1. Design and Aesthetics
The design and aesthetics of vacuums don’t influence the performance, but then, you must get a model with a compact and lightweight design. In the same token, buyers should be able to tell the difference between the various models from the colors.
On the other hand, the new Animal 2 is slightly bigger, and heavier as well. It measures 15.35 x 13.39 x 42.13-inches and weighs 17.5 lbs.
This is the same case for the Dyson Animal 2 Total Clean, but the original version is different, though negligibly. The Dyson Animal measures 15.4 x 13.4 x 42.4-inches and weighs 17 lbs.
When it comes to the color options, the Dyson Animal 2, and Animal 2 Total Clean are available in yellow and iron.
2. Accessories and Attachments
It’s imperative to note that the Dyson Animal 2 and Dyson Multi Floor 2 have some standard features, but others are exclusive to specific models.
To help you get the most out of this review, here is a rundown of all the Dyson Ball accessories and attachments, and after that, a summary of what each model comes with.
- Instant-release high-reach wand – This is a tool that enables users to clean the high up places effortlessly.
- Self-adjusting roller head – This is the main cleaning head, and it tags along with an active base plate that automatically adjusts to seal in suction power. Inside the head is a powerful motorized brush bar.
- Hard floor tool – As the name suggests, the hard floor tool is specialized for picking up dirt on hard floors – tile, linoleum, marble, and vinyl.
- Stair tool – Another small tool for cleaning the stairs, as well as the wall edges and similar surfaces where the entire unit can’t be used.
- Crevice tool – The 8-inch tool comes in handy when you are dealing with dirt on tight crevices, as well as corners, nooks, and crannies.
- Dusting brush – This is a specialized tool for picking up dust from fragile surfaces, for example, upholstery.
- Combination tool – This is a flexible attachment that consists of a crevice tool and a dusting brush. It is used for cleaning the hard-to-reach places, for example, the wall and ceiling corners.
- Turbine tool – This is a small tool that has a counter-rotating brush head for removing pet hair and stuck on dirt from upholstery and carpets.
- Multi-angle brush – This tool will twist and lock in different positions to allow for easy cleaning in high-up places.
- Reach under tool – If you are cleaning those awkward places, the reach under tool extends bends and twists to make cleaning effortless.
- Mattress cleaning tool – As the name suggests, this tool is for cleaning dust and allergens from mattresses, and cushions.
- Toolbag – This one is for keeping all the tools to avoid loss or misplacement.
Dyson Ball Animal
The Dyson Ball Animal 1 and Animal 2 also tag along with the same accessories and attachments, and these include the instant-release high-reach wand, self-adjusting roller head, stair tool, combination tool, and turbine tool.
But the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean offers a lot more as it also includes a hard floor cleaning tool, dusting brush, multi-angle brush, reach-under tool, mattress tool, and a tool carrying bag.
3. Cleaning Performance
These days, vacuum cleaners are highly specialized, so you need to make sure that your pick is the right model for all your cleaning needs.
So, how does the Dyson Ball Animal 2 compare to the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2? Which model has the highest suction power? How about the brush system and the filtration?
Find all this, including our exclusive cleaning test results in this segment.
Dyson Ball Animal
On the other hand, Dyson Ball Animal will also do a great job on all kinds of hard and bare floors. The vacuum is also ideal for homes with pets, and hence the name Animal.
This vacuum also comes in handy when vacuuming low to medium pile carpets and rugs, but when it comes to high pile carpets, it doesn’t guarantee deep cleaning.
As for the Dyson Animal 2 and Animal 2 Total Clean, they are great deals for all hard floor types, pet messes as well as carpets, including the high pile carpets.
Dyson Ball Animal
When it comes to the Dyson Ball Animal 2, the Radial Root Cyclone™ technology has been maintained, but then, there is a difference when it comes to the suction power.
The Animal 2 and Animal 2 Total Clean tag along with an advanced motor that puts up a cool 306AW and, together with the two-tier cyclone system, guarantees efficient vacuuming.
This is a big improvement compared to the Dyson Ball Animal that yields just 245AW. Here again, the vacuums have a single speed setting, but the suction power is adjustable.
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin, Multi Floor 2, Animal, Animal 2, and Animal 2 Total Clean all come with a motorized brush bar inside the self-adjusting cleaning head.
The brush bar has been designed to effectively agitate and pick up dirt on bare floors and carpets as well.
There is an active base plate under the cleaning head that raises and lowers to guarantee the right contact and, most importantly, to ensure there is no suction leak whatsoever.
The filtration system is also the same for all the Dyson Ball models in this comparison review.
The vacuums all have a whole-machine HEPA sealed filtration with washable lifetime filters.
If you have allergies, these Dyson vacuums should be on your wish list as they are all Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
On the other hand, the Dyson Animal, Animal 2, and Animal 2 Total Clean have the same bin.
This is a 2L dust cup, and they also have a user-friendly one-click dirt emptying.
Cleaning Test Results
As is the norm, we tested these vacuums to find out how they perform in a real household setting. We did our tests on different surfaces, using the common household dirt. Below are illustrations of how they performed.
Another crucial consideration when choosing the best Dyson upright vacuum is usability. You want a user-friendly model, right from when you have it delivered, to daily use, and maintenance. Here, there are several aspects to be analyzed separately.
As you may be aware, upright vacuums are shipped in parts only, so you will have to assemble them first.
The good thing is that these Dyson Ball vacuums are easy to assemble. The parts fit in effortlessly, and you should hear a click sound if you have done it correctly.
There is an instructions manual provided, as well as several resources to help you out if you are stuck.
Generally, the setup process takes around 5 minutes. Before starting, make sure you study all the parts, and know what should go where.
Handling, Ergonomics, and Maneuverability
Next up is the handling and ergonomics, and here, there is no much difference between the Dyson Animal and Multi Floor upright vacuums. While their weights are slightly different, the handling and ergonomics are more or less the same. The handle is comfortable and ergonomic courtesy of the equal weight distribution.
As for maneuverability, these Dyson vacuums all come with Ball Technology where major components are housed in the ball, thus lowering the center of gravity of the vacuum. You can easily navigate around obstacles and furniture effortlessly with a simple turn of the wrist.
When it comes to reachability; however, the Dyson Animal 2 and Animal 2 Total Clean have the upper hand. The two tag along with a 35ft power cord while the Dyson Multi Floor and Multi Floor 2 have a shorter 30ft power cord.
We also have to mention the convenient cord and accessory storage that wraps along the vacuum’s rear. There are also ports for keeping some accessories.
Dyson Multi Floor 2 vs. Dyson Animal 2 vs. Animal 2 Total Clean
Now, we have come to the end of this Dyson Animal 2 vs. Multi Floor 2 comparison review. As you have seen, these vacuums are almost similar, but some features make each suitable for different buyers. While the Dyson Animal 2 Total Clean is the best choice, all the others are also worthy purchases. Here are our recommendations.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
This is also a great deal for buyers on a budget, and above all, it is the best choice in the Multi Floor series.
While it is a heavy model, we like the fact that it has a larger bin, and it is easier to push on carpets.
Dyson Ball Animal 2
This is the best Dyson upright vacuum for several reasons.
First, it has the highest suction power, and is available in the Total Clean model, so you have a wide range of cleaning accessories and attachments.
There you have it folks, our Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 vs. Animal 2 comparison review. Which is the best model for you? Tell us in the comments section below, and don’t forget to sign up for our price drop alerts.