Today, we are going to look at the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors. What pushed us to do this review is the fact that most homeowners, especially those living in cold regions prefer hardwood floors. However, cleaning them is the elephant in the room considering no one would want to touch any cold when cleaning the floor. If you are among such homeowners, here’s some good news; you can now buy a robotic vacuum cleaner that has been specially designed for hardwood floors.
However, for many homeowners, nothing proves to be more challenging than shopping for the best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors. Many are times when customers get just any vacuum cleaner for their hardwood floors. After a short time, they realize that whatever they purchased doesn’t thoroughly clean floors or worse enough, damages the floor. For this reason, we decided to test and review several vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors and the result is this review of the best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors. So, without further ado, here is our roundup of the top 10 vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors starting from number 10 all the way to number 1.
|3.4 inc||90 min||Check Price|
|3.1 inc||90 min||Check Price|
|3.3 inc||80 min||Check Price|
|3.6-inc||60 min||Check Price|
|3.3-inc||120 min||Check Price|
|3-inc||110 min||Check Price|
|3.1 inc||- min||Check Price|
|3.5-inc||- min||Check Price|
|3,8-inc||150 min||Check Price|
|3.1 inc||120 min||Check Price|
At number 10 is the Deik Smart Mopping Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. It has been specially designed for hardwood floors and also works well for cleaning pet hair as well as allergens. Besides this, it comes with mopping function to thoroughly clean floors leaving them to sparkle clean.Pros
- 3-in-1 Cleaning – This vacuum cleaner can sweep, vacuum and mop thus canceling the need to have another machine for mopping.
- Pet Hair and Allergens – Even though this vacuum cleaner has been specially designed for hardwood floors, it can also come in handy for pet owners and allergy sufferers.
- Large Water and Dust Tank – This vacuum cleaner has large capacity water and dust tanks that make refills and emptying easy.
- Remote Control – This cleaner also has a remote control for easy operation.
- Affordable Price – For such a versatile and high-performance vacuum cleaner, we find its price tag very affordable
- Lacks Wi-Fi – For such an advanced vacuum cleaner, Deik should have incorporated Wi-Fi and App compatibility for it to compete with top players like the Roomba 650.
By design, this vacuum cleaner has been crafted to ensure seamless maneuvering under household furniture. Weighing only 6lbs, it stands at only 3.4-inches thus enabling it to go under sofas, beds, kickstands and other areas where dirt hides most. To cater for those who have different floor surfaces, Deik incorporated super-wide off-road wheels with a 2.5cm width which can go just anywhere.
When it comes to cleaning, this vacuum cleaner is just the best as it offers 3-in-1 cleaning. It can sweep, vacuum and mop (wet & dry). There are also 5 cleaning modes to suit all your needs. These modes are auto, spot, wall follow, Turbo and schedule cleaning mode. The V-shaped brush has been designed to brush all dirt from the floors without compromising on the condition of the wooden planks. There are also 4 side brushes that sweep the sides of this cleaner’s path.
On the other hand, the mopping and drying stages are optional. You can attach or detach the mopping attachment depending on your cleaning needs. This vacuum cleaner has a powerful motor that delivers up to 1200Pa and emits very little noise that averages 50-60dB. Regarding water and dust tanks, Deik engineered this cleaner with a 0.9L dust bin and a smart 0.65L water tank. Furthermore, this cleaner has a 3D Filter+HEPA which filter out the smallest particles including dust, pet fur, and allergens that may hide between the wood fittings.
The Deik Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has been built with an elaborate navigation system. It has inbuilt infrared sensors that map out your home for patterned cleaning. There are also a set of anti-collision and anti-drop sensors for the safety of your robot. Other features include a Li-Ion battery, remote control, gyro sensors, and so on.
The Pyle Pure Clean is another ideal vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. This vacuum cleaner has been built to offer excellent floor cleaning and is also ideal for cleaning allergens and purifying the air. What makes it great for hardwood floors is the rotating brush design and most importantly, moderate suction power. Here is a review of this vacuum cleaner.Pros
- Low Profile Design – This vacuum cleaner stands at 3.1-inches making it easy for it to maneuver under most household furniture.
- Great for Hardwood Floors – This cleaner has been specially engineered to suit hardwood floors
- Highly Versatile – Besides cleaning hardwood floors, it is also ideal for pet hair cleaning as well as cleaning allergens and air purification.
- Moderate Suction Power – Rated at 500Pa, this cleaner will clean your hardwood floors without compromising on its condition.
- Long Battery Life – The Pyle Pure Clean Robot Vacuum Cleaner can run for an average of 890 minutes. This is quite impressive for such a cheap vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors.
- Quite Noisy – On operation, it emits quite a lot of noise which may be disturbing especially at night.
In terms of design, this cleaner doesn’t impress like we expect in terms of weight. Even though it stands at 3.1-inches, the 8.6lbs weight is quite heavy for hardwood floors. However, when it comes to wheels, they are strong and sturdy and give it the stability it requires. This cleaner comes with an LCD on the top interface and has a remote control for easy operation.
To ensure detailed and deep cleaning of hardwood floors, this vacuum cleaner delivers moderate suction power. It works at 500Pa which is quite enough to pull out dirt, dust, pet fur and even allergens from hardwood floors and carpets. Also equipped are HEPA filters for efficient filtration. To ensure no dirt is left behind, Pyle introduced dual rotating brush system which has 2 side sweepers to catch dirt and debris on open floors as well as along wall edges and corners. Furthermore, this system prevents clogging and malfunctions caused by pet hair tangling.
On navigation, there are a set of sensors for mapping out your home. In addition to this, there are obstacle sensors to prevent hits as well as anti-drop sensors to help detect cliffs like stairs. This cleaner has a rechargeable Li-Ion battery that can last the vacuum cleaner for an average of 90 minutes. There is also self-recharge and resume function, scheduling and so on.
8. INLIFE I6 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The INLIFE I6 is another great vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. It boasts a number of unique features that make cleaning an easy task for hardwood floor homeowners. It has exceptional suction power and an elaborate cleaning system that guarantee detailed cleaning of hardwood floors and other floor types without compromising on your floor’s condition. Here is a review of the INLIFE I6.Pros
- Easy Operation – This vacuum cleaner offers easy operation courtesy of the provided remote control and Touchscreen LCD.
- 3-in-1 Cleaning – You can comfortably sweep, vacuum and mop with this vacuum cleaner without needing any other equipment.
- Dust Sensors – The INLIFE I6 has dust sensors that detect where there is more dust for concentrated cleaning.
- Cleans Wall Edges and Corners – With this cleaner, all your walls and corners will be comprehensively cleaned with the dual side brushes.
- Getting Stuck – Unfortunately, this cleaner’s navigation system lacks precision as it gets stuck often.
The INLIFE I6 sports a sleek and low-profile design. It stands at 3.3-inches and weighs only 4.9lbs making it among the most lightweight vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. It can creep under beds, sofas, kickstands and even deep corners and wall edges. The wheels have been well crafted to guarantee smooth movement on different surfaces including carpets. For easy operation, there is a small Touchscreen LCD on the front interface.
The INLIFE I6 boasts a 3-in-1 cleaning function. It can sweep, vacuum and mop effectively. The elaborate side brushes sweep all the dirt and pick pet hair and dust from floors. It also has a high-performance motor that delivers exceptional suction power for thorough vacuuming. On the other hand, the wet and dry mopping function cleans paw marks, spills and grimes from your floor. To fully suit your cleaning needs, the INLIFE I6 has 5 preset cleaning modes. The HEPA filters, on the other hand, guarantee fine filtration of dust and other micro-particles including allergens.
The INLIFE I6, just like many other vacuum cleaners has navigation sensors that map out your home for methodical cleaning. Unfortunately, this navigation system is not precise and leaves the cleaner stuck most times. There are also Virtual Walls that can help homeowners restrict the vac from accessing certain areas. There are also anti-bump and anti-drop sensors for the cleaner’s safety around your home.
Other features in this cleaner include a Li-Ion battery that can last it for an average of 80 minutes and takes about 3 hours to recharge. It also has self-docking that enables it to go to the charging base and thereafter, resume cleaning from where it left. There’s also a remote control
7. iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Roomba 650 is another great alternative if you are shopping for the best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. It comes packed with some of iRobot’s best technologies to make hardwood floor cleaning very easy. In fact, it is the best Roomba for hardwood floors. Here is a review of the Roomba 650.Pros
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning – This vacuum cleaner adjusts its surface depending on the floor type to ensure maximum brush contact.
- Superior Cleaning Technology – The iRobot 3-Stage cleaning system is among the best technologies around as far as vacuum cleaning is concerned.
- Precise Navigation – The iAdapt Navigation is also among the best in the world of vacuum cleaners. It enhances methodical cleaning.
- Dirt Detection – This technology enables the Roomba to know where there’s more dirt for intense cleaning.
- Cleans Edges & Corners – Unlike many other similar cleaners, the Roomba 650 has a 27-degrees inclined brush that sweeps wall edges and corners.
- No Wi-Fi – Despite being a top of the range vacuum cleaner, the Roomba 650 lacks Wi-Fi
As usual, this cleaner sports a sleek and compact design as is the tradition of the Roomba series. It stands at 3.6-inches and weighs around 5 lbs. This weight is quite moderate and won’t stress the floor structure in any way. The wheels have been engineered to roll freely and to ensure the Roomba doesn’t get stuck on floor edges.
The Roomba 650 offers unsurpassed cleaning on a range of floor types. However, it works exceptionally well on hardwood floors and that is among the reasons that make it feature in this list today. The lower interface of the cleaner automatically adjusts to the floor type to ensure close brush contact. The cleaning system employs iRobot’s patented 3-Stage cleaning system to clean floors and other surfaces. This cleaning technology removes 50% extra dirt than normal vacuum cleaners courtesy of the 5x more suction power. The high-efficiency filters, on the other hand, ensure no dirt is left behind. Furthermore, the Dirt Detection Series II technology detects where there’s more dirt for intense cleaning.
It uses the native iAdapt navigation technology that uses sensors to intelligently map your home. The processor makes up to 60 decisions every second to adapt to the new surroundings every time. There are also cliff detection sensors that detect cliffs to help the cleaner avoid falls on stairs.
When it comes to convenience, this cleaner can be scheduled for 7 straight days. Furthermore, it has self-docking which enables the cleaner to locate the charging base. Once it gets fully charged, it resumes cleaning automatically.
6. iRobot Braava jet 240 Robot Mop
If cleaning your hardwood floor has been a problem, you can also consider the Braava jet 240 from iRobot. This is a robot mop that is able to thoroughly clean all dirt and stains on your floor. Not only has it been designed to clean floors, but to clean floors with care. If you have a hardwood floor, this could just work magic for you. Here is its review.Pros
- Compact and Lightweight – This robot mop has a compact and lightweight design that won’t damage or put destructive pressure on your hardwood floor.
- Cleans Everywhere – Courtesy of its design and navigation system, the Braava 240 can go just anywhere, especially where most dirt hides.
- Versatile – Even though it is well known for cleaning hardwood floors, it also works well on other floor types.
- Clears Stains – If your floor has stains and grime, the wet moping mode will clear all the stains.
- Virtual Walls – You can also restrict the Braava jet 240 from reaching certain areas with invisible boundaries.
- Gentle on Floors – The pads have been crafted using high-grade materials that gently scrub floors as opposed to bristles that are known to damage hardwood floors.
- No Vacuuming – This robot is only for sweeping and mopping and doesn’t have a vacuuming function.
One great thing about this robot mop is that it has been designed to navigate the tightest corners in your house. The square shape and low profile design allow it to go under beds, sofas, kickstands, under kitchen cabinets, around toilets and so on. It stands at 3.3-inches and measures only 3lbs. The wheels have also been well crafted to give it stability and smooth rolling.
When it comes to navigation, the Braava jet 240 boasts a set of sensors that enable the cleaner to remember all obstacles in your house. These sensors also guide the cleaner when it nears the stairs to avoid dropping. If you are afraid about the cleaner accessing some areas, don’t worry, iRobot has got you covered. It has inbuilt Virtual Walls to enable you to create invisible boundaries where you don’t want the cleaner to reach.
In terms of cleaning, the Braava 240 offers unsurpassed mopping of hardwood floors and other floor types like tile and stone floors. It gently scrubs the floor using the mop pad that adjusts itself to be in full contact with floors. Furthermore, the system detects the kind of surface and automatically switches to an ideal cleaning mode (wet mopping, damp sweeping or dry sweeping) with regards to the floor type. The Braava jet 240 has a precision jet spray that rigorously loosens all dirt and stains. Operating it is very easy. To clean, you only need to attach the pad and just press CLEAN. To change the pad after use, you won’t have to touch dirt courtesy of the one-touch eject button.
5. iLIFE V5s 3-in-1 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The ILIFE V5s is among the best products from ILIFE. This robotic vacuum cleaner has a good reputation on hardwood floors primarily because of its 3-in-1 cleaning. Its high suction power and HEPA filter also make it a versatile cleaner that performs well on other floors and pet hair too. Its price is very affordable considering this is a top brand and it offers several top-notch features. Here is its review.Pros
- Cleans Everywhere – This cleaner sports a low profile design that allows it to go under all furniture.
- Improved Maneuverability – The ILIFE V5s has better maneuverability courtesy of the RoadRover wheels and a precise navigation system.
- 3-in-1 Cleaning – With this vacuum cleaner, you can sweep, vacuum and mop (dry and wet).
- Easy Control – The ILIFE V5s is very easy to operate. It comes with a Touchscreen LCD and a remote control.
- Long Battery Life – This vac can run for an average of 90-110 mins which is quite impressive.
- No Wi-Fi – For such an advanced vacuum cleaner, ILIFE should have strived to include Wi-Fi.
First, we will look at its design. It sports a low-profile design that makes it able to sneak under beds, kickstands, sofas, kitchen cabinets and so on. It stands at 3-inches and weighs approximately 4.5lbs. On top of this, ILIFE equipped it with a 0.3L each water tank and dustbin. The front interface has a Touchscreen LCD that makes operation very easy together with the remote control.
When it comes to movement and navigation, this vacuum cleaner is just the best. It has been built with large 58mm diameter RoadRover wheels that can go just anywhere. Movement is further complemented by a full set of advanced sensors that map out your home layout that guide the vacuum cleaner during cleaning and docking. These sensors intelligently detect barriers and avoid them accordingly. Besides, there are drop sensors that detect cliffs to prevent falls on stairs.
This robot vacuum cleaner is very versatile. Even though it works best on hardwood floors, it can also be a great purchase for homeowners with tile, carpet and linoleum floors. Besides cleaning floors, it cleans pet hair and allergens. With the V5s, you can sweep, vacuum and mop. There are elaborate brushes that disintegrate and sweep all dirt including wall edges. The high-performance motor, on the other hand, delivers high suction power for maximum vacuuming. There is also a microfiber mop cloth for both dry and wet mopping; the end result of this is a clean floor. Depending on your cleaning needs, you can interchange between the 4 cleaning modes; Auto, Edge, Spot and Schedule cleaning modes.
4. iRobot Braava 380T Robot Mop
The Braava 380T is another top cleaner that you should consider buying if you have a hardwood floor. It is also ideal for both large and small rooms and even high traffic rooms. Besides hardwood floors, it can clean pet hair and allergens. This cleaner is far much better than the 240T as it has a more advanced navigation system, quick charge, Pet Hair technology and so on. Even though it is quite expensive, it is among the purchases that will give you real value for your money. Here is a detailed dissection of the Braava 380T.Pros
- Cleans Everywhere – Its low-profile design enables it to get to hard-to-reach areas where most dirt hides.
- Excellent Navigation – It uses the advanced iAdapt 2.0 backed up by Navigation Cube, a technology that works the same way as a GPS.
- Easy to Use – This mop is very easy to use. You only need to attach the cleaning cloth and the press either SWEEP or MOP.
- Universal Cloth and Pad Compatibility – Unlike many cleaners out there, the Braava 380T is compatible with a range of clothes and pads in the market.
- Highly Versatile – This robot mop can work on a range of hard surfaces including vinyl, hardwood, tile and stone floors.
- No vacuuming – The Braava 380T is a mop which has been designed to only sweep and mop.
- Quite Expensive – This cleaner is rather expensive but in the long run, it is worth every coin.
This robot mop has been designed in a low profile design that allows it to go everywhere in your house. It is square-shaped and stands at only 3.1 inches enabling it to go under sofas, beds, around chair legs, wall edges, and even toilets.
When it comes to cleaning, it offers 2-in-1 cleaning, sweeping and mopping. This cleaner is ideal for a range of hard surfaces including vinyl, laminate, stone and hardwood floors. It is worthy to note that its action on hardwood floors is very commendable and that’s why it is in this review of the best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. Besides this, it has two cleaning modes. There’s dry sweep mode that uses PerfectEdge® technology to move it along straight lines back and forth picking up dirt, dust and pet hair. The second mode is called damp mop and employs special action to wipe off deeper dirt, stains, and grime of the floor.
To smoothly move around your house, this robot mop has been built with large off-road wheels that give it stability and can enable the cleaner to go anywhere regardless of the floor surface. If you have a carpet, it climbs the edges very well without getting stuck like many cleaners we know of. The Braava 380T uses iRobot’s advanced iAdapt 2.0 which clearly maps out your home for a patterned cleaning. Besides, it helps the cleaner avoid obstacles and falls. This navigation has further been boosted by Navigation Cube, a technology that works like GPS to tell the Braava where it is, where it has been and where it should go next. You can also expand its sweeping range to enable multiroom cleaning and large floor areas with the provided NorthStar® Cubes.
To ensure your house is cleaned on time, this mop has been equipped with a high-performance battery. In sweep mode, it can run for 210 minutes while in the mop mode, it can do 150 minutes which is very impressive, to say the least.
3. CLOBOT MT810 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with UV Sterilization
If you love your house, then you will like the CLOBOT MT810. This vacuum cleaner offers 4-in-1 cleaning, the icing on the cake being UV sterilization. It can sweep, vacuum, mop, and UV sterilize floors. Its cleaning ability and affordable price definitely make it a cut above the rest and that’s the ultimate reason why it found itself in this review of the best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. Here is the CLOBOT MT810 review.Pros
- Strong and Sturdy Wheels – The CLOBOT MT810 has elaborate off-road wheels to tackle any floor type.
- 4-in-1 Cleaning – This cleaner can effectively sweep, vacuum, mop and then HEPA and UV sterilize floors.
- Improved Suction Power – The CLOBOT MT810 has an impressive motor that delivers up to 1200 Pa.
- Low-Noise Operation – The motor has been optimized to work on low noise even in Turbo mode.
- Easy Operation – With the LCD and VOICE PROMPT, it is very easy to use the MT810.
- VOICE PROMPT Failure – This feature is very basic and often hangs or gives errors.
By design, the CLOBOT MT810 stands at 3.5-inches and weighs 6.5lbs. Even though this is not that convincing when it comes to how it will maneuver under furniture, its large 2.5cm width off-road wheels provide it a tight grip when moving. The cleaner is equipped with high-tech sensors that guide the cleaner around your house. These sensors detect obstacles and also cliffs to prevent collisions and falls. It is further equipped with a 0.65L and 0.9L water and dust tank respectively.
The cleaning performance of the CLOBOT MT810 is the cornerstone of this vacuum cleaner. It can efficiently sweep, vacuum, mop and UV sterilize floors. First, it comes with an elaborate rolling brush that sweeps all the dirt wherever the cleaner passes. To guarantee enough suction power, this cleaner has been engineered with a powerful 18,000rpm motor that can deliver an outstanding 1,200Pa of suction power. If you are worried about noise-operation, don’t worry, the MT810 has been optimized to ensure low noise remittance. The mop function, on the other hand, offers both dry and wet mopping while the HEPA and UV Sterilization filters out allergens and kills germs and bacteria. Depending on your cleaning needs, you can choose from 5 cleaning modes; Full Go, Wall, Spot, Turbo, and Schedule.
In terms of convenience, you can program the CLOBOT MT810 to start cleaning at specific times throughout the week. Furthermore, it has the common self-recharge and auto-resume feature. This system detects when the battery levels go down. Once this is detected, the cleaner navigates to its charging station. Thereafter, it will automatically resume cleaning without being prompted. There’s also a simple VOICE PROMPT feature as well as an LCD for easy operation.
2. XIAOMI Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Laser Guidance
At number 2 in our list, today is the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner. This is a blend of performance and reliability. Everything in this vacuum cleaner has been engineered to perfection; from its cleaning system to navigation. It’s also well endowed when it comes to extras. The most notable thing that is in line with our context is its exemplary performance on hardwood floors. Here is the detailed review of this vacuum cleaner.Pros
- Accurate Navigation – This vacuum’s navigation is very advanced and gives real-time data procession.
- Superior Cleaning System – The high suction power, main brush and spinning side brush ensure all dirt is picked from floors.
- Great for Hardwood Floors – This cleaner is ideal for hardwood floors and also works well on other surfaces.
- Self-Adjusting Main Brush – The main brush is self-adjusting to ensure maximum contact with the floor.
- Extended Battery Life – This cleaner can run for an impressive 150 minutes and cover up to 250 sq.m.
- Wi-Fi – It also comes with Wi-Fi compatibility allowing you to operate the cleaner form the Mi Home App remotely.
- Noise-Operation – Even though most review sites claim it emits little noise, it can be quite a nuisance when working at night.
- Expensive – Its price is also high compared to other cleaners in this list of the best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors.
This vacuum cleaner sports a simple and elegant low-profile design. It stands and 3,8-inches and measures approximately 8.6lbs. This is among the few areas that Xiaomi should have improved. The off-road wheels, just like in other vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors have been designed to ensure different floor conditions. The entire design is made of 7 parts in modular structure while the outer shell is made from IMR machining cover and high-grade ABS material for durability.
A fascinating feature in this vacuum cleaner is definitely its humanlike navigation intelligence; forget the Roomba and Neato, this is the real deal. Before setting out to clean, it first calculates the most efficient path to take and also, the cleaning pattern and methodology. But how does it do this? This vac has 12 sensors that work in tandem to guide the vacuum cleaner. The Laser Distance Sensor (LDS) scans the environment 360-degrees about 1,800 times every second. This gives the cleaner a real-time picture of its surroundings. Other sensors include a wall sensor, dustbin sensor, collision sensors, cliff sensors, gyroscope, and Ultrasonic radar sensors among many other sensors. They are all supplemented by 3 processors to enhance location stability.
To ensure methodical and patterned cleaning, the Xiaomi Mi Vacuum Cleaner uses the powerful Simultaneous Localization and Mapping Algorithm (SLAM) to create methodical cleaning patterns that ensure every part of the house is cleaned.
This cleaner is equipped with a hover brush that is self-adjusting to create maximum contact with the floor for maximum pick up of dirt even on uneven surfaces. A self-dynamic rotating brush, on the other hand, rotates and sweeps all the remaining dirt ready for vacuuming into the 0.42L dustbin. Along walls, the robot maintains a 10mm distance to make sure this brush sweeps its path too leaving no dirt on the floor. To achieve the best suction power, Xiaomi built this vacuum cleaner with a powerful Nidec brushless motor that can deliver an impressive suction power of up to 1,800Pa.
The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is powered by a powerful rechargeable 5,200mAh battery. It has an impressive 150 minutes runtime that can clean about 250sq.m. This battery further has several protection features like over-charge protection, over-discharge, over-heat, short circuit and so on. Besides this, it is Wi-Fi enabled allowing you to operate the cleaner right from the Mi Home App.
1. Haier XShuai T370 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The XShuai is an awesome robot vacuum cleaner that is best for hardwood floors. It has an accurate navigation system and a high-performance cleaning system. Besides this, it is gentle to ensure your hardwood floor remains in great shape even after long use of this robot cleaner. In addition to this, it is compatible with voice-activated control to give homeowners the convenience they need. Its price is very affordable and that is why it has remained a favorite buy for hardwood floor homeowners. Here is a review of this great vacuum cleaner.Pros
- Cleans Everywhere – With its low-profile design, this vacuum cleaner can go just anywhere, especially where most dirt hides.
- Precise Navigation – The Haier Xshuai T370 has the Epson gyroscope navigation that is accurate and precise.
- 3-in-1 Cleaning – This cleaner does all the work. It can sweep, vacuum and mop at the same time.
- Wi-Fi – This cleaner has Wi-Fi that enables you to control and monitor it from the Smartphone App.
- Voice-Activated Control – This cleaner is compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Easy Operation – This cleaner comes with a remote, App compatibility and voice-activated control for easy operation.
- Long Battery Life – This cleaner has a great battery that lasts it for at least 120 minutes.
- Cleans Pet Hair & Allergens – This cleaner also has HEPA filters that make pet hair and allergens cleaning easy.
- (i) Long Charging Time – This cleaner takes very long to get a full charge.
The XShuai T370 sports a sleek and stylish design. It boasts IML surface technology that ensures the outer shell is hardy and anti-scratch. Besides, it has been crafted in a low-profile design. It has a height of 3.1 inches that allows it to go under most household furniture. This is very important for homeowners as these hard-to-reach areas are where most dirt hides. The bumper and wheels are made from rubber to prevent scratches and damages when they hit obstacles. The water and dust tanks are large to reduce the number of refills and the frequency of emptying.
The Haier XShuai is very versatile. Even though it is best for hardwood floors, it can also work well on carpets, tile, linoleum and other floor surfaces. It offers 3-in-1 cleaning as it can sweep, vacuum and mop (wet & dry). There is an elaborate brush system that breaks and sweeps dirt comprehensively even along wall edges. The XShuai T370 is powered by a Nidec brushless motor that spins up to 16500rpm to produce 1500Pa of suction for maximum vacuuming. Furthermore, it has been optimized to guarantee low-noise operation and very long lifespan because of zero friction. The icing on the cake is the wet and dry mopping that removes stains and grime leaving your floor sparkling clean.
Depending on your cleaning needs, you can choose between the 4 cleaning modes; Auto, S-Shape, Spot and Edge cleaning. The HEPA filters, on the other hand, guarantee deep filtration of dirt, dust and even allergens.
The wheels are large and tough to ensure they can go everywhere in the house. Most notably, this cleaner can climb carpet edges with a lot of ease without any possibility of getting stuck. It uses the renowned Epson gyroscope navigation that has a full set of sensors that help in guiding the cleaner. In addition, there are anti-collision and anti-drop sensors that prevent collisions and drops respectively.
This vacuum cleaner offers many conveniences to homeowners. First, it has a remote control that makes operation very easy. In addition to this, it is Wi-Fi enabled. This makes it easy to control the cleaner right from your Smartphone App. As a matter of fact, it has a camera for real-time monitoring. You can see where the cleaner is, where it has been and where it is going from wherever you may be. To cater for the wider market, the App has 11 available languages. Another great feature is its compatibility with voice-activated control. You can control this cleaner with Amazon’s Alexa. If you’re the busy type, you can take advantage of the Schedule mode that lets you set your preferred cleaning times throughout the week.
Buying Guide – What’s the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors?
Now that we have reviewed the top 10 best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors, you might still be stuck on which cleaner to choose. With this in mind, it is prudent enough for us to enlighten you on a few aspects regarding shopping for the best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. But just before that, I know you might still be wondering why we are emphasizing on the right vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors and not just any other vacuum cleaner. This takes us to our next topic; why you need to buy a specific vacuum cleaner designed for hardwood floors and not just any other robotic vacuum cleaner.
Why You Specifically Need a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors?
A vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors is very essential. Even though there could be many reasons why you need a vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floors, here are two major reasons that make us feel you should use a robotic vacuum cleaner in cleaning hardwood floors.
(a) Efficiency – I know most of you find it hard to use a mop or even bending to clean floors. It may be quite cumbersome and takes a lot of time. However, with a robotic vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, it is faster and most importantly, the vac ensures all dirt is removed from your floors.
(b) Hardwood Floors are Fragile – Even though the name suggests hardwood floors are tough, they are very fragile. These floors can be damaged by water, tough brush bristles, excess suction power, and so on. For this reason, you need a vacuum cleaner that has been optimized for hardwood floors and not any other type of floor.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors
Before you buy any vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, there are several factors that you need to clearly consider. These factors are very important as they determine the efficiency of the cleaner and most importantly, good maintenance of your floor surface. Here are the factors that you need to carefully consider before paying for any vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floor.
Type of Wood
Hardwood floors can be curved from a range of wood types. In as much as they are hard and tough, they may be susceptible to damages, especially by the brushes. For this reason, make sure that the particular vacuum cleaner you are about to buy has a brush system that fits the hardwood floor’s texture.
Different vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors can cover different floor areas. If you have a large floor space, make sure you find a vacuum cleaner that can clean the largest floor area. A good choice here will be the iRobot Braava 380T which can sweep 1,000Sq.Ft and mop up to 350Sq.Ft. Some of the things you should emphasize here include the brush size, battery power, speed, and so on. Navigation can also influence the floor area a robot will clean. With a good navigation system, the cleaner will plan the best routes to take for efficiency.
To effectively clean hardwood floors, you need more than vacuuming. You need a vacuum cleaner that can sweep, vacuum and mop. There are several vacuum cleaners out there that can support these three functions simultaneously. Even though such a cleaner with these functions may be expensive, it is worth every coin. The best cleaner in terms of cleaning orientation is definitely the CLOBOT MT810 that in fact has 4 cleaning orientations; sweeping, vacuuming, wet & dry mopping and HEPA & UV sterilization.
Even though many buyers disregard budget issues, it is still an important consideration that you should address before buying a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. In fact, you should focus on costs when window shopping.
Budget is important for two main reasons. One, with a set budget, you are able to narrow down your search to vacuum cleaners that are within your budget range. By doing this, you get to save a lot of time which you would have otherwise wasted on vacuum cleaners that are not within your range. Second, and most importantly, setting a budget helps you in getting a picture of what features you can get at different prices. For example, by considering cost, you can know what type of vacuum cleaner you should get with $500. This is very important in the long run as you will buy the best vacuum cleaner that will offer you value for money. Nothing sucks like buying something then you later realize you had other better options.
A good vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors should be very lightweight. Remember that hardwood floors are normally installed, and are weaker than concrete floors. With this in mind, a heavy vacuum cleaner may damage hardwood floors and bring losses that will dip the value of your property. When shopping, get a vacuum cleaner that is lightweight, but again, it should not compromise on your expectations as far as performance is concerned.
Even though most review sites suggest that hardwood floors require high suction power, it is a very wrong assumption. Hardwood floors only want thorough brushing and moderate suctioning. High suction power may cause damages to your floor with time. The wooden planks may be loosened and the gum may also be weakened thus causing peeling. Make sure you get a vacuum cleaner with moderate suction power, or at least, one which you can moderate the suction power depending on your cleaning needs.
Even though most people think that just any vacuum cleaner will do the job, there are specific cleaners for hardwood floors. It is very important to make sure that you buy a cleaner that has been specially made for hardwood floor lest you end up with an ineffective vacuum cleaner or worse enough, a damaged floor. Now that you have read the review of the top 10 best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors, it’s time you get one for your house. Set your budget and buy any of the above vacuum cleaners and you will never regret!