If you have a pet or you have ever owned one, you know how stressful pet hair can be. Pets like cats and dogs will always leave fur all over your house. You might have just cleaned the house in the morning and by noon, you stumble upon more tumbleweeds of pet hair on the floor. The worst is when you are going out and you find some on your clothes. Personally, it was not until a friend recommended a robotic vacuum cleaner that my life with pets became easier.
Common Pet Hair Spots
There are no exact places where you will find pet hair in your house. This is because your pet might just go anywhere. Pets may leave pet hair on the couch, floor or even on your clothes. However, research shows that most pets leave pet hair on the floor and wall edges. These pet hairs might be left at any given time and if you are used to cleaning your house manually, you might be cleaning up to 5 times daily. For this reason, a robotic vacuum cleaner for pet hair might be your best solution. A good cleaner for this purpose is one with scheduled cleaning. You will only need to set scheduled cleaning depending on the time it takes before you find pet hair all over.
Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
Vacuum cleaners remain the best solution to pet hair. I bought my first vacuum cleaner to tackle the pet hair problem I had. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out in the best way as I had hoped. This was not because the vacuum cleaner was defective. The this was it wasn’t the right cleaner for the task ahead.Later on, I learned that there were specific robotic vacuum cleaners that were meant for general vacuuming as well as pet hair. Vacuum cleaners for pet hair are just like the normal cleaners but with features optimized for pet hair cleaning.
Shopping for Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
When shopping for a pet hair vacuum cleaner, make sure you get the best machine for the job. Don’t just get any vacuum cleaner like I did. There are several vacuum cleaners for pet hair in the market manufactured by different companies. The elephant in the room is, which one is the best? In this review, we have compiled a list of the top 5 best robot vacuum cleaners for pets.
Comparative table of the best pet-friendly robot vacuum cleaners
1. ILIFE V3s Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
The iLIFE V3s Pro is a great vacuum cleaner that has been designed for general house cleaning as well as pet hair. If you love keeping pets, then this is a cleaner that will sort all your household cleaning needs. It can vacuum, sweep and mop at the same time. It also comes with four cleaning modes, smart sensors, self-charging among many other top class features. Here is a dissection of the iLIFE V3s Pro.Pros
- Vacuum, Sweep, and Mop – Unlike most vacuum cleaners in this range, the V3s offers more. Besides being a great cleaner for pet hair, it offers three basic functions; vacuuming, sweeping and mopping.
- Great for Pet Hair – Even though this cleaner can be used for general vacuuming, it is equally good for picking pet hair. It has excellent suction power to ensure it picks all pet hair regardless of the surface.
- Extended Battery Life – The V3s Pro has a powerful 2600 mAh battery that is efficient. It has Fade Free Technology that ensures the battery lasts longer than indicated.
- Low-Noise Operation – The iLIFE V3s is among the few vacuum cleaners that can work with minimal disturbance. Its noise level is less than 55db.(e) Remote Control – With the V3s, you can give it commands remotely using the provided remote control that also has an LCD for accurate operation.
- Random Cleaning – One thing the V3s had to be improved on is navigation. It has troubles in navigation when cleaning floors and especially when locating the docking station.
- 11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches
- Weighs 4.6 lbs
- Vacuum, Sweep, and Mop
- Four Cleaning Modes (Auto, Edge, Spot, and Schedule)
- Powerful suction power
- Ultra-performance filters
- High-performance Nanofiber mop
- 7-Day Scheduling
- Anti-Drop & Anti-Collision
- Self-Charging and docking
- LCD remote control
- 55db operation noise
- 2600 mAh Battery (90 – 110 minutes)
V3s Pro in action
Low Profile Design
One great thing about the V3s is the low profile design. At 4.6 lbs, it measures 11.8 x 11.8 inches and has an incredible height of only 3 inches. This low profile helps the V3s maneuver under furniture, curtains and other hidden spots including corners. For smooth navigation and stability, it comes with 58mm RoadRover wheels.
Vacuum, Sweep, and Mop
The V3s Pro can vacuum, sweep and mop thus making it the all-in-one vacuum cleaner for households. It has a powerful suction power to pick up all dirt including pet hair. There are also two side brushes that scrub and sweep all dirt. A unique aspect of its cleaning system is the Nanofiber mop that will clean all surfaces including hardwood, tiled and thin carpet floors.
Four Cleaning Modes
With the iLIFE V3s, you have the power to do more courtesy of the four cleaning modes; Auto, Edge, Spot and Schedule cleaning modes. The Auto mode is for general cleaning while Edge is for cleaning tight edges. On the other hand, spot cleaning comes in handy when cleaning stained areas. Lastly, schedule mode is for scheduled cleaning.
The V3s is a real robot and can accomplish tasks when scheduled. You can easily set your preferred cleaning times for the entire week and the cleaner will start cleaning without being prompted. It also has a one touch Clean button for impromptu cleaning sessions.
Anti-Drop & Anti-Collision
The iLIFE V3s has been built with smart sensors for navigation. First, it has front obstacle sensors that help in avoid hitting obstacles. There are also cliff sensors to prevent falls. The V3s has a 10mm maximum barrier-cross height and a 15-degrees climbing angle.
Just like many other robotic vacuum cleaners, the iLIFE V3s has self-charging. Whenever the battery levels go down, the unit navigates its way to the charging base for recharge. The unique thing in this cleaner is that it resumes immediately meaning that you don’t need to start it over again.
2. BObsweep Bob PetHair™ Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The bObsweep PetHair is another superb option for anyone shopping for a pet hair cleaner. This vacuum cleaner is dubbed ‘Man’s Best Friend’s Best Friend,” and is often dominant over cat and dog fur. Even though it looks similar to the standard Bob, the PetHair has upgraded controls as well as a more intuitive interface. Here is a review of the bObsweep PetHair.Pros
- LCD Screen – The bObsweep PetHair comes with a large LCD for better intuitive operation. Many vacuum cleaners in this range hardly have this feature.
- Great for Pet Hair – As the name suggests, this vacuum cleaner has been built for pet hair thus making it a great household cleaner, unlike many others that can’t pick pet hair.
- All-in-one Cleaner – This vacuum cleaner serves several cleaning needs. It can vacuum, sweep and mop thus making it a great, versatile and reliable household equipment.
- Covers the Whole Floor – One unique feature of this cleaner is the Low-Track Contouring Technology. This cleaner’s base adjusts automatically to the floor surface to ensure maximum contact.
- UV Sterilizing – This vacuum cleaner is not your ordinary cleaner. It sterilizes floors to ensure all germs and bacteria are killed.
- Self-Diagnosis – The bObsweep PetHair has OBD-R (On Board Diagnostics Robot). This feature helps the user troubleshoot the cleaner in case it breaks down.
- Mopper Cloth Wears Out Fast – The only problem I found in this cleaner is with the mopping function. The cloth tatters fast and needs draining frequently. Fortunately, it is compatible with scatter rugs.
- Measures 18.9 x 14.5 x 4.3 inches
- Weighs 9.9 lbs
- Spring-Actuated Surface Automator
- Powerful motor (delivers up to 7,500RPM)
- TurboLift vacuuming technology
- Micro-fiber mopper cloth
- Squeegee-style dust sweeper
- Full-contact brush
- HEPA filters
- UV floor sterilization (400NM UV lamp)
- 3 cleaning modes (Auto, Quick and Touch Up)
- Waffle TrackTM, Wall TrackTM, and Spiral TrackTM navigation
- Self-charging and docking
- OBD-R (On Board Diagnostics Robot)
- Remote control
- 1-Liter dirt bin
- Lithium ion X-AMPlified battery
Compact Size with Low-Track Contouring Technology
Even though it is not as compact as the V3s, the PetHair is still compact. It measures 18.9 x 14.5 x 4.3 inches and weighs 9.9 lbs. It is available in champagne and rouge. This vacuum cleaner has been built with Spring-Actuated Surface Automation technology for low-track contouring. This system works by adjusting to the level of any surface for maximum contact. This ensures all dirt is suctioned regardless of the floor surface.
Vacuum, Sweep, and Mop
The bObsweep PetHair boasts of the unique TurboLift vacuuming technology. This technology is powered by a powerful motor that generates up to 7,500 RPM. With such suction power, it can suck all dirt, debris, pet hair and other allergens from the deepest reach on carpets, tiled floors as well as wooden floors.When it comes to sweeping, Bob uses a full-contact brush with a squeegee-style dust sweeper for detailed sweeping.For mopping, you only need to clip the micro-fiber cloth and Bob will sweep and polish your floor simultaneously.The bObsweep PetHair boasts of a large 1 Litre dirt bin for collecting dirt and pet hair. A large dirt bin is the best because emptying will be less often.
UV Sterilizing and HEPA Filtration
One thing that makes the PetHair a cut above the rest is the UV technology. This vacuum cleaner uses UV technology to sterilize the floor using a 400NM UV lamp.To ensure guaranteed filtration of all dirt, bObsweep used HEPA filters in this vacuum cleaner. The HEPA filters are able to sub-micron debris and particles from the air for an allergen free home.
Three Cleaning Modes
Bob has three cleaning modes that are enabled by three navigation mechanisms. These navigation technologies are Waffle TrackTM, Wall TrackTM, and Spiral TrackTM.The first mode is Robot / Auto-pilot mode that maneuvers across all floor surface for a detailed clean. There’s also Quick clean that focuses on a medium-sized area. The third mode is Touch Up that automatically maneuvers across a small floor area for a speedy touch.
Large LCD Screen
The bObsweep PetHair is among the few vacuum cleaners that sport an LCD. On this panel, you can see a lot of control information including battery status, cleaning mode, navigation mode and so on.
Self-Charging and Docking
The PetHair also has this popular self-charging and docking technology. Whenever the battery gets below 15%, it automatically goes to the charging station for recharging. It also does the same when it completes a cleaning session.
Lithium X-AMPlified Battery
When it comes to battery life, PetHair is very impressive. It comes with a quad-cell Li-Ion battery that can power the cleaner for over an hour and 15 minutes. This battery is covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
3.Neato BotVac D85 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Neato BotVac D85 is another great vacuum cleaner that can suit the needs of pet owners. This vacuum cleaner has been built to offer reliable cleaning services in the house. It boasts of a combo brush system that picks up dirt and debris including pet hair. It owes its navigation system to Neato’s patented Laser-Guided Technology for mapping out your house for detailed cleaning. This cleaner is ideal for a range of household floors including hardwood floors, tiled floors and also thin carpet floors. Here is a review of the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors.Pros
- Precise Edge Cleaning – Unlike many vacuum cleaners, the Botvac D85 offers highly precise edge cleaning courtesy of the D-shape design and extra large brushes.
- SpinFlow™ Power Clean Technology – Another advantage of the D85 is that it guarantees detailed deep cleaning including picking pet hair. It combines great suction power, optimized brushes and a bagless dirt bin for excellent cleaning.
- Works in the Dark – This vacuum cleaner uses laser technology. For this reason, it can also work in the dark, unlike other camera-navigation cleaners which rely heavily on light.
- Boundary Marking – This cleaner comes with boundary markers that make it easy for the user to restrict access to some areas. This makes the D85 convenient and safe for home use.
- Powerful Battery – The Botvac D85 boasts of a powerful 3600 mAh Ni-Mh battery that has better efficiency and extended life for every charge.
- No Wi-Fi – The D85 has no Wi-Fi connectivity meaning remote operation is not available. This is the only area Neato should have improved.
- Measures 13.2 x 12.7 x 3.9 inches
- D-Shape Design
- 50% extra-large brushes
- Side spinning brush
- 3 high-performance filters; 1 installed, 2 replacements
- Works on all floor types
- Self-propelled roller
- SpinFlow™ Power Clean
- LaserSmart™ Mapping and Navigation
- LCD panel
- Extra-Large 0.7L Bagless Dirtbin
- Scheduled Cleaning
- Boundary Markers
- Auto-Charge and Resume
- 3600 mAh Ni-Mh battery
- Integrated charge base
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
D-Shape Design for Precise Edge Cleaning
The Neato D85 boasts of a D-Shape design and extra large brush for better reach. With this cleaner, you can clean up to within 10 mm of the wall. The low profile also allows it to reach under furniture, bed, and curtains.
LaserSmart™ Mapping and Navigation
Navigation and room mapping are very important in robotic vacuum cleaners. Neato uses their innovative LaserSmart™ Mapping and Navigation technology in the Neato D85. This vacuum cleaner has the ability to scan the entire house and also rooms for planned cleaning. The system analyzes the rooms and plans on how it will effectively and efficiently carry out the cleaning process.
SpinFlow™ Power Clean
The Neato BotVac D85 boasts of Neato’s SpinFlow™ Power Clean technology that guarantees excellent suctioning and most importantly, cleaning. It combines very well with the elaborate versatile brushes, extra-large filters, and bagless bin to capture debris and dirt as small as 0.3 microns.
You can also take advantage of the Scheduled cleaning feature of the D85. Here, you can set your preferred cleaning times and the Botvac will embark on the cleaning session immediately. You can use the LCD to set this function.
Extra-Large Bagless Dirtbin
The D85 comes equipped with an extra-large bagless dirt bin that can hold up to 0.7L. A large dirt bin reduces the number of times you will have to empty it thus making its maintenance effortless. Emptying it is very easy as you only need to lift it up and empty it before returning it.
Auto-Charge and Resume
When the Botvac D85’s battery level goes down, it automatically locates the charging base. After it has fully charged, you don’t need to start it again. The D85 automatically goes back to finish up the cleaning by itself.
If your house has areas that you wouldn’t want the vacuum cleaner, then the D85 is your best purchase. It comes with boundary markers that restrict the Botvac from reaching. These markers are very to set up and are effective in keeping the cleaner at bay.
4. Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating for Pet Hair
The Neato Botvac D5 is among the Neato D-Series vacuum cleaners. This cleaner boasts of several top class features like D-Shape design, Precise LaserSmart Navigation, multi-room cleaning among others. It has been built with high-performance motors for high suction power that ensures all dirt including pet hair is picked regardless of the floor type. I used the D5 once and here is what I think about it.Pros
- Wi-Fi Connected – Unlike the D85, the Botvac D5 Connected has inbuilt Wi-Fi connectivity. This feature allows you to control your vacuum cleaner using the Neato App via Wi-Fi.
- Multi-Room Cleaning – The D5 can clean many rooms automatically. It uses LaserSmart navigation to map your entire house for systematic cleaning.
- Best for Pet Hair – The Botvac D5 Connected has been optimized to pick up all dog and cat fur with ease. It has high suction power and well-optimized brushes including a side brush for super cleaning.
- Large Dirtbin – This vacuum cleaner sports an extra-large dirt bin. This bin ensures that you empty the bin a few times.
- Auto-Charge & Resume – Unlike most vacuum cleaners that you have to start them again after charging, the D5 resumes automatically and completes the cleaning.
- 2-Pass Spot Clean – The D5 has a unique Spot Clean function that ensures stains are cleaned. This mode offers a double clean 2-pass that cleans the area two times.
- No R/C – The D5 doesn’t come with a physical remote control. For remote operation, therefore, you will need to use Wi-Fi to extricate it when it gets trapped.
- CornerClever Technology
- D-Shape design
- SpinFlow PowerClean
- Precise Side Brush
- Combo brush system
- High-performance filter
- Multi-Room Cleaning
- Precise LaserSmart Navigation
- Boundary marking
- Scheduled cleaning
- Cleans up to 420 m2 in a single cycle
- Extra-large dirt bin
- Wi-Fi and App Compatibility
- High capacity Li-ion
D-Shape Design with CornerClever Technology
The Botvac D5 Connected has been designed in a cool D-shape design and CornerClever technology to ensure it reaches even the tightest corners with ease. With the D5, expect detailed cleaning regardless of how tight the corners of your rooms are.
Built for Pet Hair
The Botvac D5 Connected offers superior performance compared to similar cleaners in its range. First, it packs SpinFlow PowerClean that guarantees better suction power. There is also the Combo brush system and ultra performance filters for the best cleaning. This makes the D5 ideal for pet owners.
Precise Side Brush
The D5 has been built to guarantee detailed cleaning. With the D5, not even a speck of dust or pet hair will escape from suctioning courtesy of the side brushes that trap all dirt and debris that are pushed away.
Precise LaserSmart Navigation
The Botvac D5 Connected boasts of Precise LaserSmart Navigation. This navigation technology allows the D5 to scan, map and then methodically clean your floors systematically instead of random cleaning.
The Botvac D5 is a great vacuum cleaner for those with many rooms. Unlike many cleaners that clean only single rooms, this particular cleaner has been built to offer multi-room cleaning. It also works on all types of floor.
Wi-Fi and App Compatibility
As the name suggests, the D5 is connected. You can control your cleaner from the comfort of your smartphone on the Neato App via Wi-Fi. This feature makes the D5 the best when compared to the D85 that has no Wi-Fi function.
5. iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
If you want a Roomba for pet hair cleaning, then consider the Roomba 650. What makes the Roomba 650 ideal for pet hair is the patented 3-Stage Cleaning System. This system has been engineered to pick up all types of dirt ranging from large debris to pet hair and allergens. It works on all floor types and can maneuver under furniture, beds and curtain veils. I have used the Roomba 650 for quite some time and I must say that it is just the best for anyone who owns pets. Here is a review of the Roomba 650.Pros
- Best for Pet Owners – The Roomba 650 is not just a general house vacuum cleaner. It is also ideal for pet hair cleaning courtesy of its unrivaled suction power that picks up the tiniest debris and pet hair.
- Acoustic sensors – This cleaner also has acoustic sensors that concentrate on the dirtiest parts of your floor.
- Simple to Use – The Roomba 650 is among the simplest vacs to use. It comes with a One touch start button that starts the cleaning process.
- Improved Suction Power – This Roomba is better than most vacs out there because of its higher suction power. It is this improved suction power that makes it best for pet hair.
- Quiet Operation – The iRobot 650 works with minimal disturbance courtesy of the optimized motor that emits very little noise compared to the likes of Neato.
- Ideal for a Range of Floors – The Roomba 650 works just fine for a range of surfaces. When I bought it, I was on a hardwood floor. I moved to a tiled house and it still worked fine.
- Floor Adjustment – Another advantage of the Roomba 650 is floor adjustment. It automatically adjusts to the floor surface for maximum contact which guarantees detailed cleaning.
- Low Profile Design – The Roomba’s low profile design is also a plus. This design enables the Roomba to get under furniture, bed and other hard-to-reach areas for comprehensive cleaning.
- Doesn’t Reach Corners – The Roomba 650, unlike D-Shaped vacs is not ideal for cleaning corners because of its round shape.
- Measures 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches
- Low Profile Design
- Floor surface auto-adjustment
- iAdapt® Navigation Technology
- Three-Stage Cleaning System
- Two counter-rotating brushes
- Spinning side brush
- Seven-day schedule program
- Virtual Wall Technology
- 1 Extra AeroVac filter
- 1-Year Warranty
Low Profile Design
When building the Roomba 650, iRobot ensured that it would go to almost any place. This Roomba measures only 3.6 inches tall making it a great vacuum cleaner for the entire house. This low profile design allows the Roomba to seamlessly navigate under furniture, and around clutter.
3-Stage Cleaning System
The Roomba 650 boasts of a 3-Stage Cleaning System. It brushes, suctions and sweeps. The vacuum first agitates by loosening and breaking debris. For brushing, it has counter-rotating brushes that lift debris, especially pet hair from the floor. The vacuumer, on the other hand, suctions this debris into the bin and lastly, the side brush sweeps along wall edges as well as corners.
The Roomba 650 maximizes floor contact by adjusting to particular floor surfaces. This cleaner automatically adjusts to a carpet, wooden, tiled and laminated floor for maximum suctioning, brushing and sweeping.
iAdapt® Navigation Technology
One thing that makes the Roomba 650 superior is the navigation technology. It brings on board the Patented iAdapt Navigation Technology. This technology packs a sensor that helps the Roomba map out your house for methodical cleaning. Most importantly, it helps prevent the Roomba from hitting obstacles and falling off.
The iRobot 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has a 7-day schedule program. I found this feature to be very helpful. Typically, my dog would leave the house in the morning. I found this time to be the perfect time for cleaning so I just set it to start cleaning sessions at 9:30 am all week long.
Virtual Wall Technology
Virtual Wall Technology is a pretty new technology. It is similar in function to Boundary Marking only that it doesn’t use physical boundary markers. This technology helps homeowners restrict the Roomba from reaching certain areas.
If you keep pets, your house will always be full of fur that is very unpleasing. For this reason, you should get a robotic vacuum cleaner that has a high suction power to pick up large debris and even small dirt like pet fur and also allergens. When shopping for a vac for pet hair, make sure you get the right machine. Ensure that it has strong suction power and is recommended for pet hair. So, if your pets have been stressing you with their fur all over in the house, then it’s time you get a vacuum cleaner for pet hair. Get any of the above five vacuum cleaners and enjoy a clean house free from pet hair always!.