Best Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair In 2020 – Comparisons And Reviews
Shark is among the best vacuum brands in the market right now.
Whether you are looking for a full-size cleaner or the compact sized, this brand has got you covered.
Today, we want to find out which is the best Shark vacuum for pet hair and why.
The heavy shedding breeds scatter the long hairs all over the floor and carpets while the naughty ones pee everywhere leaving urine stains and together with cat saliva allergies are triggered easily. All these make life with pets miserable, but not with the right pet hair vacuums.
Comparison table of Shark Pet Vacuums
1. Shark Rocket Complete HV382 – Best Corded Stick Vacuum
For homes with many pets, the runtime of a cordless stick vacuum may be very limiting. The HV382 comes with a 30ft. power cord so you don’t have to worry much about the mains.
This cleaner can be used as a stick vacuum and a handheld as well. You can rely on it for a variety of vacuuming needs; from the ceilings to the car.
In the package, you will find several pet cleaning accessories.
The TruePet mini-motorized brush will pick up pet hair and dander from the stairs, upholstery bookshelf, countertop, and other similar places.
There’s also an upholstery tool for pet hair on soft fabrics like sofas and curtains. An Under-Appliance Wand is also provided alongside a dusting brush and crevice tool.
The cleaning head has DuoClean technology, and that means two brushrolls; a soft brush for hard floors and a bristle brush for carpets and stains.
Maneuverability is top-notch courtesy of Swivel Steering.
Vacuuming at night is not a problem with the HV382 as it comes with floor nozzle headlights and offers quiet operation.
A wall mount storage is also provided for safe storage when the cleaner is not in use.
Note that the unit can’t stand independently.
- The problem with the Shark Complete HV382 is that the design is not Anti-Allergen Complete Seal and filters are not true HEPA.
- The brush may also tangle, but at least the company included a hair removal tool.
- Again, at 9.9lbs it is not as light as the previous HV302 which is ultra-light at 7.6lbs.
Considering its affordability, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it as long as it picks up pet hair.
2. Shark APEX DuoClean AX952 – Best Vacuum for Pet Hair on Carpets
This corded cleaner does an excellent job on all surfaces including carpets and bare floors. But the action on carpets is exceptional because of a unique brush design with more bristle row. It also picks up pet hair well.
With Powered Lift-Away, you can use it as an upright or as a canister. The American brand termed the APEX as the most advanced upright vacuum upon its release.
But has it passed the test of time? Well, we have a different opinion.
The APEX is available in several models with the difference being the accessories included. We have the AX950, AX951, AX952 and the little known AX912.
The best Shark APEX for pet hair is the AX952 as it comes with two of the most critical pet cleaning accessories;
- Pet Multi-Tool and the Anti-Allergen Dust Brush as well as an On-Board Deep Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool.
With DuoClean Technology and a unique bristle brush with more bristle rows, it is unforgiving on dirt particles. Also, the pet hair on bare floors and those stuck on carpets and rugs are grabbed.
The APEX is a good vacuum for allergy sufferers because of the HEPA standards filtration and also, the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal design.
Among the features that stand out is the Noise Reduction. The company did a good job here as the vacuum runs quietly.
The Active-Glide Technology also makes it swift regardless of whether you are pushing the unit on bare floors or shaggy carpets which are known to put up some resistance.Cons
- Some buyers have complained that it is a little bit bulky in the canister mode. Gladly, the American brand has offered the APEX DuoClean AX952 in a lightweight version called AX912 in which 1.5 lbs. have been shed.
- A more pressing concern, the second bristle brush in the APEX DuoClean cleaning head has four rows of bristles which make tangling easier.
- Worse is that it lacks Zero-M Technology which cleans the brush as it picks up the hairs. This would have made a significant difference.
- The cleaner also comes without a MultiFlex Under-Appliance Wand which the APEX AX912 and AX951 come with.
There is a new APEX model that is precisely the same as the APEX AX950/951/952 Series but incorporates Zero-M Technology. This should be your priority if you have long-haired breeds as the brush never tangles. However, it doesn’t offer an Anti-Allergen Dust Brush but does have a Pet Multi-Tool and a Motorized Pet Tool.
3. Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet Lift-Away – Editor’s Choice
For the big households looking for the best full-sized upright vacuum, we present to your the 3-in-1 Rotator TruePet.
We call it the jack of all trades because it can be used in the upright mode, as a canister or as the lift away pod.
The NV752 is our editor’s choice because of its versatility and raw power. It is the ultimate cleaner to buy if you have got more ground to cover and you still want to get to the ceiling. Even though it is a little bit expensive, expect almost all the technologies Shark boasts of right now.
It comes with the TruePet Motorized Brush, and Pet-Multi Tool included which offer thorough pet hair cleaning for all surfaces.
The Rotator boasts several features that make it an ideal vacuum for pet hair.
First, it comes with a powerful motor that delivers up to 270AW. Together with Advanced Cyclonic Technology, it picks up both small and large particles as well as pet hair – whether on carpets or bare floors.
There are three settings; Setting 1 for the high pile carpets and rugs, Setting 2 for the low pile carpets and Setting 3 for bare floors and attachments.
The NV752 also has an extensive 10.5-inch cleaning path for wider coverage. Unfortunately, the brush system is not DuoClean, but it is fully motorized.
For filtration, this cleaner has a 3-stage filter system. The first is a pre-motor foam filter, followed by another pre-motor filter and last is a post-motor HEPA filter. We’re also glad the design is ”Anti-Allergen Complete Seal” meaning none of the captured allergens gets its way out back to the air. They all end up in the 3L bin.
When it comes to control and maneuverability, the NV752 is quite bulky in the upright mode but with a 30ft. power cord and Dynamic Swivel Technology, using it shouldn’t be a problem.
Powered Lift-Away feature enables you to detach the canister easily and remain with a compact cleaner for the hard-to-reach places and still delivers power to the brushroll.
LED lights, on the other hand, illuminate the dark corners for you to see where the pet hairs and other dirt are hiding.Cons
- Apart from its high cost, Shark Rotator needs frequent maintenance especially when it comes to filter washing and well as cleaning the dust cup.
- The brush may also get tangled with the long hairs – I wish it had Zero-M self-cleaning technology.
But considering the excellent cleaning performance on bare floors, carpets and pet hair pickup, it is still a worthy vacuum cleaner for anyone looking to invest in a single vacuum that handles all household messes regardless of whether they are on the floor, ceiling or in the car.
4. Shark Rotator NR96 – Best Shark Canister Vacuum
The Rotator NR96 is a canister vacuum that features Powered Lift-Away. However this time, it doesn’t switch to the upright mode but to a handheld mode. There is a lift away pod that detaches from the wheeled base. In this mode, you can vacuum the ceiling, stairs and other high-up places.
As a canister vacuum for pet hair, the NR96 features a solid Anti-Allergen Complete Seal design. Together with HEPA filtration, you can now keep the dust mites, pollen, and other allergens at bay.
Among the tools, it comes with include a Premium Pet Power Brush for picking up pet hair of all surfaces.
There is also a dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand.
Under the hood is an 1150 Watts motor which generates around 150AW. It is supplied power by a 23ft power cord.
The motorized brush, on the other hand, can handle carpets very well and picks up all kinds of dirt including pet hair and kitty litter.
The swivel steering and LED headlights on the floor nozzle make maneuvering a buzz even in the dark.
It also has a long 5.5ft. hose so you are not limited in terms of reach. The convenient retractable power cord, on the other hand, makes storage easy.Cons
- One of the shortcomings of the Rotator Lift-Away is that it doesn’t have DuoClean Technology. However, there is an on/off brushroll function so you can switch it off when vacuuming fragile bare floors.
- Long hairs like form Chihuahua and German Shepherd may tangle the brush.
- The lift away pod is also a little bit heavier than expected.
- The dust cup is also small and will require frequent emptying.
5. Shark ION RV750 – Best Shark Robot Vacuum
Robotic cleaning appliances are increasingly becoming popular because of the autonomous operation – you don’t need to be home to get the job done!
For pet owners, these vacuums are also ideal because pets shed all the time and that means frequent vacuuming. Well, we hardly have time to clean daily; it’s just impossible to bend your back with a canister or upright twice or thrice a day.
Shark ION boasts a low profile design that allows it to go under beds, sofas, kickstands and other low profile pet hideouts.
The suction power plus the anti-tangle brush do a good job in picking up both the short pet hair and the long hairs as well.
This Shark robot vacuum can pick up dirt and pet hair from hard floors in normal mode, but there is a Max power mode for carpets which require boosted suction for deep vacuuming.
We’re glad Shark ION has HEPA filters. These capture 99.97% of allergens and can filter the small pollen, allergens, and minute particles.
The RV750 also comes with a host of convenience features. You can schedule it to vacuum at specific times of the day when you know a lot of pet hair will have scattered all over.
The Wi-Fi enables Smartphone app operation and well as Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility.Cons
- The only shortcoming is that it is restricted to the floor. If your cat likes to groom itself on the bookshelf or the countertops, ION 750 can’t reach there.
Gladly, the company has released the ION™ S87 Robot Vacuum Cleaning System which features a robot vacuum (RV850) for the floors and a cordless handheld vacuum (W1) for vacuuming upholstery, the car, and high up places.
6. Shark IONFlex DuoClean – Best Cordless Stick Vacuum
If you are looking for a cordless, lightweight and versatile vacuum, we recommend the IONFlex DuoClean. It can be set as a stick for handling the floor, carpets and the ceiling.
In addition, the IONFlex can transform into a handheld for cleaning pet hair from the sofa, cupboard, bookshelf and so on. In this mode, it can also be used as a car vacuum cleaner after taking your dog for a ride.
This cordless vacuum is available in several models; IF200W, IF251, IF251C, and IF252.
The main difference is in the accessories provided.
We recommend buying the IONFlex IF252 because of the specialty accessories for pet hair and pet messes accessories including a Pet Multi-Tool, and Anti-Allergen Dust Brush as well as the MultiFlex Under-Appliance Wand for creeping under furniture.
Under the hood, the cleaner boasts a powerful motor that can deliver up to 115AW.
It is assisted by Smart Response Technology which allows you to select the floor surface you want to clean – either carpet or bare floor. Once you choose either, there is still an option of using the vacuum in Max Power (high) or Extended Runtime (low).
The IONFlex is powered by a rechargeable battery that can run it for 45 minutes in low power and 22 minutes in high power settings.
As a model with DuoClean Technology, this vacuum has a soft roller brush at the front and a bristle brush behind for the soft floors and carpets respectively.
With a 0.33L bin allergy sufferers will also benefit from the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal™ design that ensures captured allergens don’t sneak back to the atmosphere.Cons
- My concern with this cordless bagged vacuum is its ergonomics when using the wand in the handheld mode. The weight is not evenly distributed because the battery pack is parallel to your wrist and that’s the reason we rated it lowly in our Dyson V10 vs. Shark IONFlex comparison review.
BUYING GUIDE: What you need to know when buying vacuums for pet hair
Now that you know which are the best vacuums for pet hair, it’s time to acquaint ourselves with all the critical and resourceful information about vacuums and pet messes.
We will also expound on the cleaners and the technology involved.
If you want to make an informed purchase decision and get value for your money, keep it right here.
Shark is a US vacuum brand owned by SharkNinja Operating LLC. It started in 1995, but earlier, it was operating under the Euro-Pro Operating LLC.
The product portfolio consists of vacuums and mops while Ninja focuses on small kitchen appliances like food processors, coffeemakers, and multicookers.
The company has its headquarters in the US, but the products are manufactured in China. This is one way the company has managed to offer cheaper prices compared to Dyson which makes its vacuums in the UK and Malaysia.
- There are three types of Shark vacuums. Let’s try to find out what are the similarities and differences.
- The Navigator, Rotator, and Rocket all come with 2-in-1 functionality meaning they can be used as uprights or canister.
- They also feature a crevice tool and dusting brush as standard accessories.
- However, individual models consist of different specialty tools.
- HEPA filtration is also a feature they all boast though the latest models only have the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal design.
- All three vacuums are bagless.
- The notable difference between these three vacuums is the power output. The Navigator and Rotator are heavy duty vacuums that have 1200 Watts motors. The Rocket is a little bit smaller at 700 Watts.
- Portability is also a difference with the Navigator and Rotator being heavy models while Rocket is lighter, under 10lbs.
Types of Shark Vacuums for Pet Hair
Let’s discuss the types of vacuums it offers and the highlights of each type.
1. Shark canister vacuum for pet hair
Canisters come in a two-piece design featuring the canister which has the motor and bin and the floor nozzle.
The advantage of canisters is the flexibility, maneuverability and reach. You can use it to clean tight spaces and also the stairs.
The company offers one canister for pet hair – Rotator NR96.
2. Shark upright vacuum for pet hair
These are the best for the heavy duty usage because of the power and more extensive cleaning head. While the uprights from other brands have the limitation of reach and maneuverability, Shark is very versatile.
It comes with a feature called Lift-Away which transforms the vacuum form an upright to the handheld mode. Examples include APEX, Navigator, among others.
3. Shark stick vacuum for pet hair
The brand also manufactures stick vacuums. These are lightweight and very versatile as they can also be transformed into the handheld mode.
You have the option of choosing the corded stick vacuums or the cordless type. Examples of stick vacuums offered include Rocket DuoClean HV382 and IONFlex 2X.
4. Shark handheld vacuum for pet hair
There are several handheld vacuums for pet hair offered by this brand. Most of them are cordless and offer just a short runtime.
We have the likes of Shark ION W1 and Pet Perfect II.
5. Shark robot vacuum for pet hair
This brand has also ventured into the robot vacuums industry where it competes favorably with the likes of Roomba and Deebot.
So far, it has four robot cleaners in the market with the latest being the S87 that comes with a handheld vacuum included. Others include Shark ION R720 and R750.
Top Shark vacuum technologies
Here are some of the top technologies and innovations that have put Shark on the map.
Your typical vacuum comes with one brushroll but Shark vacuums come with a bristle and soft roller brushroll specially designed for carpets, and bare floors, as well as hair, pick up.
No need to change cleaning heads, DuoClean Technology has got you covered. With Triple Particle Cleaning, it handles the large debris, small dirt particles and stuck on dirt like stains and grime.
Use the ‘bare floor’ setting on delicate floors and ‘brushroll’ setting on carpets, hard floors and stains.
The advantage is that there is a model with DuoClean Technology in all the vacuum types offered by the brand.
Some of the cleaners for pet hair that have this technology include; NV352, APEX, Navigator NV356E, e.t.c.
When cleaning under the furniture where the cleaner head can’t fit when standing, MultiFlex Technology offers a solution. You can disjoint the stick halfway then bend the wand to give the cleaner head a low profile to fit under the tight spots where most pet hair hides.
Besides the adjustability, MultiFlex Technology comes in handy during storage. Release the MultiFlex lock, fold it and wrap the cord. It doesn’t save much, but it’s worth having a low profile package.
MultiFlex Technology is available in several models including; APEX AX912, and APEX 951.
If you ask any homeowner, an upright vacuum is the best, but still, you’d use some versatility of their canister counterparts.
But do you buy a canister and an upright? Hell no!
Shark brings you Lift-Away Technology which enables homeowners to transform the vacuum from an upright to a canister model. Basically, you detach the floor nozzle from the rest of the vacuum. Then, use the extension wand from the canister to connect it to the floor nozzle.
This feature has further been improved, and now we have the Powered Lift-Away, and the addition here is power for rotating the brushroll. Ordinary brushes depend on the little power from suction.
You will find the Lift-Away Technology in the NV352. On the other hand, the NV752 TruePet is among the vacuums with Powered Lift-Away.
4. ”Anti-Allergen Complete Seal”
Even though HEPA filters are almost 100% efficient in capturing allergens, most vacuums will still release the captured allergens back to the atmosphere.
For asthma and allergy sufferers, ”Anti-Allergen Complete Seal” is a feature you can’t afford to miss.
Here are some of the models that come with this new feature; APEX AX952, Navigator NV352, Rotator NV502 among others.
5. Zero-M Technology
A bristle brush has proved to be a great deal in dealing with hair tangling. But it is not invincible especially if you have the heavy shedding and long-haired dog breeds.
Shark introduced Zero-M Technology, also known as Anti-Hair Wrap Technology. This is basically a mechanism that keeps cleaning the hairs from the brushroll ensuring that at no time the vacuum will get jammed. The brushroll has been engineered with a bristle guard which prevents the hair from attaching to the brushroll. Instead, an integrated comb actively grabs the hairs from the bristles.
Get a cleaner with Zero-M Technology and say bye to the scissors, and razors.
Among the models with this feature include; APEX® DuoClean® with Zero-M™ Powered Lift-Away® Upright, Navigator® Zero-M™ Lift-Away Speed™ Upright and Rocket® Zero-M™ Ultra-Light Corded Stick Vacuum.
6. Active-Glide Technology
For one reason or another, pushing the floor nozzle on some surfaces may be strenuous.
Shark introduced the Active-Glide Technology which ensures smooth and effortless maneuvering on both bare floors and low-pile to thick carpets. Even the long individual strands of shag carpets won’t derail the maneuvering.
Here are some of the vacuums with Active-Glide Technology; APEX AX952
7. Noise Reduction
Vacuums are pretty noisy because of the motor and cyclonic action. To make matters worse, the more powerful the motor, the more the noise produced.
Shark as an industry leader has what we call Noise Reduction. The motor is fine-tuned to operate optimally, and efficiently emitting minimal noise at lower pitches. The motor is firmly attached to the sturdy and robust body dampening the vibrations and ensuring the noise is concealed inside the vacuum cleaner.
If you like vacuuming at night or you don’t want to wake the baby and intimidate your pets, get a vacuum with Noise Reduction Technology.
An example of a vacuum with this technology is the APEX AX950/AX951/AX952 and AX912.
8. Advanced Swivel Steering
Steering the upright vacuum cleaners may not be a walk in the park, but with the revolutionary Advanced Swivel Steering Technology, your wrists won’t hurt anymore.
The swivel allows for easy and accurate turning. You need to move your wrist slightly, and the cleaner head turns effortlessly in the desired direction. No more awkward turning and bending to reach the dirt hiding in the corners and under furniture.
For easy maneuverability in and around furniture, here are the vacuums with Advanced Swivel Technology; NV356E, NV501, and APEX.
9. Advanced Cyclonic Technology
Even though Cyclonic vacuum technology is not an innovation from Shark, it has been revamped under the new label, Advanced Cyclonic Technology. In this vacuuming technology, a super fast vortex sucks dust and dirt from dirty air that is whirling around at high speed. On the other hand, centrifugal forces separate particles from dust and collect them in the bag or dust cup.
The advantage of Cyclonic Technology is better cleaning results because of the high suction power generated.
In addition, Shark vacuums with Advanced Cyclonic Technology require less maintenance because of reduced clogging and consequently, longer filter life.
Most of the new models have this technology. In this age, don’t settle for anything less than a Cyclonic vacuum. That’s what built the Dyson empire, but still, it is not this UK vacuum brand that invented Cyclonic technology.
Other technologies include Smart Response™ Technology and LED Headlights for illuminating the dark corners.
Factors to consider when buying a Shark vacuum for pet hair
The brand is always essential when shopping for anything; vacuums are no exception.
Now that you have settled for Shark, a top brand, which are the other aspects to consider?
That’s what we are about to find out in this section.
1. Where are you vacuuming?
The most crucial thing consideration when buying a vacuum for pet hair is the application. Are you trying to pick up pet hair from hard floors, carpets, high up places, under furniture, upholstery or in your car?
Prioritize your needs and choose a cleaner accordingly.
- If most of the pet hair is on carpets, get a vacuum for carpets and pet hair.
- On the hardwood, make sure the cleaner you pick is gentle on the fragile floor and still picks up the pet hair.
- If your pets like to hide under furniture, pick a model with Lift-Away Technology while on those high up places, a lightweight Shark stick vacuum is the most ideal.
- On the other hand, pet owners who take their pets for a ride will need a Shark handheld vacuum to remove the pet hair from the car upholstery.
2. Corded or cordless models
Shark manufactures both corded and cordless models. Make sure you know which types fit your needs.
- Corded vacuums have a power cord for supplying power from the mains.
- When you choose this type, make sure to check the cord length. It’s recommended that you go for the most extended cord for the best reach.
- Also, check whether there are concerns with tangling, a common problem with long power cords.
- The quality also matters but you can trust Shark with this.
The advantage of corded vacuums is the continuous runtime. You can vacuum for as long as you have electricity.
- On the other hand, cordless vacuums come with rechargeable battery packs.
- The common technology is Lithium-ion and Nickel-Cadmium.
- You don’t have to worry about cords or reachability as you can vacuum anywhere without minding the distance from the electricity mains.
- The shortcoming, however, is limited runtime. You can’t vacuum for long without interruption because the battery requires recharging.
That said, make sure you buy a vacuum with the longest runtime or better still, buy an extra battery pack.
3. Bagged vs. bagless
Vacuums can either be bagged or bagless. Whichever way you decide to go, there are pros and cons.
So, what should you expect from Shark?
Most of the Shark vacuums are bagless meaning they come with a dust cup.
- The advantage is that maintenance costs are low because you only need to wash the cup and it’s ready for use again.
- Another benefit of bagless cleaners is that the suction remains constant throughout unlike the bagged models which tend to lose suction as the bag fills.
- On the downside, it is messy to empty the dust cup – allergy sufferers may end up inhaling the allergens when emptying.
- The bagless vacuums also wear down the filter faster.
The bagged vacuums come with disposable bags, and these are best for allergy sufferers.
- This is because they can be quickly emptied without the risk of coming to contact with the allergens and dirt. Just throw the bag away together with its contents – it’s that hygienic.
- The problem with these bags is that they are expensive and may go down with a few hundred dollars annually.
Regardless of which type you will choose, you will need to consider the bin or bag capacity. Go for large capacity if you deal with a lot of dirt. But then, this will be highly determined by the type of vacuum. More often, the bigger the vacuum, the larger the bin/bag.
4. Suction power
Also known as vacuum power, this is a fundamental aspect that determines the overall performance of vacuums.
The higher the suction power, the better the performance. But then, there’s also the deal with operation noise and efficiency. A good vacuum cleaner should have an efficient motor that operates quietly.
When shopping, look out for the high-performance motors with the highest suction power. Note that the suction power varies depending on the type of vacuum.
The larger upright models boast up to 270AW while the stick and handheld vacuums have the lowest suction – around 20 – 30AW
Regarding operation noise, you want a cleaner that won’t intimidate your pets. Noise Reduction is a top feature you want to have.
5. Filtration system
You will agree with me that pet messes are accompanied by bad odor and allergens that may trigger symptoms like sneezing and wheezing.
Apart from the filtration system, you need to consider a vacuum with “Anti-Allergen Complete Seal” This technology ensure that not even the smallest particles escape the filter or the bag/dust cup. The entire vacuum body is also sealed and guarantees that no air leaks out. In the end, the captured dirty air that includes allergens and the bad odor causing elements.
6. Brush system
While suction power is an integral aspect in vacuuming, the brush system is equally important.
Bare floors require a soft brush while carpets and stains are dealt with appropriately by a tougher bristle brush.
The good thing is that Shark combines the two types of brushes, so you don’t need to be changing cleaning heads now and then.
For pet hair, make sure you buy a vacuum with a brush that doesn’t get tangled.
A new technology called Zero-M is what you need to scout for. It prevents the long pet hairs from embedding themselves on the bristles.
One of the most important factors when choosing a Shark model is the accessories included. As you are aware, you will find several models of the same Shark vacuum cleaner. The difference usually is in the specialty tools included in the package.
There are so many vacuum accessories, each designed to solve a range of cleaning problems. Here are some essential pet hair cleaning accessories that the best Shark vacuum for pet hair shouldn’t miss.
- 1. Upholstery Tool – This tool will come in handy when removing pet hair from upholstery like sofas and car interiors, curtains, mattresses, and such surfaces.
- 2. Motorized Pet Tool – This accessory is for removing embedded dirt and pet hair on upholstery, bookshelf, ceiling, car interior, and other places.
- 3. Anti-Allergen Dust Brush – Best for dusting the fine dust and dust mites that trigger allergies.
- 4. Duster Crevice Tool – It has a compact design that fits into small spaces while the brush cleans a multitude of surfaces.
- 5. MultiFLEX™ Under-appliance wand – The wand allows you to clean under household fittings and furniture where most pet hair settles.
- 6. Accessory bag – Used for keeping the small accessories safely.
How much do Shark vacuums cost?
Depending on the model, these vacuums cost $100 to $400. Compared to what the competition offers, we can say that these vacuums are averagely priced.
They are cheaper than Dyson vacuums but offer the same performance and perhaps better features, especially in terms of versatility.
As you are aware, most Shark uprights can be used as canisters as well.
What is the best Shark vacuum?
Well, it depends on the type of cleaner you want. There are some perfect canisters, as well as uprights.
You will also not lack options in the handheld and stick options.
- If you want the best vacuum for pet hair, go for a model with the vital pet hair accessories, a HEPA filter, Anti-Allergen Complete Seal design, and Zero-M Technology.
- If you are looking for a household vacuum for pet hair, we recommend Shark Rotator TruePet Lift-Away NV752. It is powerful, versatile and offers great value for money.
Which Shark DuoClean is the best?
The APEX DuoClean AX952 with Zero-M is the best model with DuoClean Technology. It offers excellent performance just like the Rotator TruePet Lift-Away NV752, and the advantage is two brushes compared to the single brush in the NV752.
Besides DuoClean Technology, the AX952 comes with the new Active-Glide Technology, Noise Reduction, and Zero-M Technology.
Is Dyson better than Shark?
Both brands insist that their vacuums have the best suction.
In fact, Dyson sued Shark for saying its vacuums are more potent than Dyson’s and ended up losing an $18m suit to the UK based brand.
In terms of suction power, Dyson has the upper hand.
However, the versatility of Shark is irresistible. The company also offers better value for money than the expensive Dyson vacuums.
That’s it for today ladies and gentlemen. As you have seen, Shark offers some really reliable vacuums for pet hair and pet messes in general.
So, which is your favorite Shark vacuum for pet hair? Talk to us in the comments section below and don’t forget to subscribe to our price drop alerts. We’ll be notifying you whenever there is a sale or discounts!