🥇 Dyson V10 vs V11 – Which is the Best Dyson Stick Vacuum?
Dyson V10 Absolute
Dyson V11 Torque Drive
Price History Chart
- Price history
- Last price changes
Price history Type Price When Current 497$ October 14, 2019 Highest 599$ January 24, 2019 Lowest 0$ February 27, 2019 Last price changes Date Price Oct 10, 2019 497$ Oct 9, 2019 492$ Oct 8, 2019 479$
- Price history
- Last price changes
Price history Type Price When Current 594$ October 14, 2019 Highest 690$ June 12, 2019 Lowest 575$ August 10, 2019 Last price changes Date Price Oct 13, 2019 594$ Oct 12, 2019 598$ Oct 11, 2019 599$
|Dyson V10 Absolute||Dyson V11 Torque Drive|
|Good for Pet Hair||Yes||Yes|
|Recharge and Resume||Yes||Yes|
|Run Time||60 minutes||80 minutes|
|Full Bin Indicator||No||Yes|
|Cleaning System||14 concentric cyclones||14 cyclones generate forces|
|Cleaning Modes||Eco, Auto, Boost||Eco, Auto, Boost|
|Brushes||Torque Drive Brushroll||Torque Drive Brushroll|
|Dustbin Capacity||0.77L||0.77 L|
|Best for...||All Floor Type||All Floor Type|
|Charging Time||3.5 hrs||4.5 hrs|
|RunTime||Up to 60 mins||Up to 80 mins|
|Control and Apps|
|Remote Control (IR)||No||No|
|Amazon Alexa Support||No||No|
|Google Assistant Support||No||No|
|View on Amazon||View on Amazon|
In our past review, we hailed the Dyson V10 as the best stick vacuum overshadowing models from Tineco and SharkNinja. But is it still the best bang for the buck considering the UK brand has introduced a new stick vacuum?
That’s what we want to find out in today’s Dyson V10 vs V11 face to face comparison review.
As usual, we will start with the similarities before focusing on the differences. But before that, here’s an overview of the two models.
This has for long reigned as the best stick vacuum and was a great improvement from its predecessor, Dyson V8. The V10 is a pretty good stick vacuum.
The V10 is available in three trims; Absolute, Animal, and Motorhead.
Only the accessories included bring the difference between these models. Affordable, and reliable, it is suitable for the budget buyer looking for a powerful 2-in-1 stick vacuum.
In today’s comparison, we are using the Dyson V10 Absolute as it comes with two cleaning heads.
This is the best Dyson vacuum cleaner today, and just like the V10, it’s also available in several variations including Dyson V11 Torque, Absolute and V11 Animal.
The accessories included are the most significant difference. There is also a slight variation in the display technology used with the Torque vs. Animal.
The new V11 is 20% more potent than its predecessors and comes with several extras which justify the higher price. For this review, we have the Dyson V11 Torque Drive as our preferred model as the Dyson V11 Absolute is not available in the US market.
Dyson V11 vs. V10 Similarities
- Design – The new V11 maintains the same design as the older Dyson V series. Both vacuums can be transformed from the stick mode to the handheld mode.
- Three cleaning Modes – Both vacuums have been designed to work in three power modes. We have Eco, Auto, and Boost mode.
- Torque Drive Brushroll – Both Dyson V10 Absolute and V11 Torque Drive feature a Torque Drive brushsroll.
- HEPA filtration – Dyson V11 maintains the same filtration system the predecessors had. This is a true-HEPA filtration system with a 99.97% efficiency and ability to filter down to 0.3 microns. Both filters are washable, thus reducing the maintenance costs.
- Battery technology – Both vacuums employ the same Lithium battery technology even though the newer model has a larger capacity.
- Dustbin capacity – The two stick vacuums have the same design and have the same 0.77L capacity.
Dyson V10 vs. V11 Differences
- Dimensions and weight – The V10 is slightly shorter than the V11 at 49.2″ while the new V11 is 50.6″. The former is also lighter at 5.9lbs whereas the newer V11 is 6.68lbs.
- Cleaning head adjustment – While the Dyson V11 has the same cleaning head like the V10, the former has Dynamic Load Sensor Technology that detects the surface type and adjusts accordingly. On carpets, you don’t have to adjust the suction as it automatically switches to high power mode and on bare floors, it reverts to normal mode.
- Fluffy cleaning head – The older Dyson V10 included a fluffy cleaning head for cleaning fragile bare floors, but the new V1 Torque drive doesn’t have this cleaning head.
- Suction power – With every new vacuum, we expect an improvement in suction power and Dyson didn’t disappoint. While the Dyson V10 delivers 150AW, the new vacuum is rated at 185AW definitely making it the best choice as suction power is paramount.
- Intelligent suction – This is a new feature that automatically adjusts the suction power depending on the surface the vacuum is cleaning. The older V10 lacks such a feature.
- Operation noise – The new Dyson V11 has been optimized to reduce operation noise drastically. The working range is 70-78 dB, which is quieter than the V10’s 75-83 dB. Please note that the operation noise is dependent on the cleaning mode.
- Runtime – There is also a slight improvement in the runtime of the new Dyson V11. The V10 has a maximum runtime of 60 minutes courtesy of a 2600mAh battery while the V11 can do 80 minutes as it comes with a larger 3600mAh battery. However, note that the runtimes depend on the cleaning mode with Eco mode bearing longer runtimes while Boost mode having shorter runtime.
- Display – The new Dyson V11 has been designed with a display where you can view data like the remaining charge, cleaning mode, and so on. The older model lacks any form of digital display, making it less convenient.
Who should buy Dyson V10?
The V10 might not be the best stick vacuum after the introduction of its successor. But it is a great purchase for the budget buyers who don’t mind sacrificing the few extras that the new model offers for some change.
It is also the best choice if you are looking for a lightweight stick vacuum.
Homeowners who want a short recharge time will also like the V10 as it recharges faster.
The Dyson V10 should also be a priority purchase if you have fragile bare floors as it comes with a fluffy cleaning head which gently scrubs dirt from bare floors.
Who should buy Dyson V11?
The V11 is the latest model in the Dyson Stick vacuum range so if you want the best features, and you don’t mind stretching your pockets, this is the best deal.
It has higher suction, a display, and longer runtime, to mention a few.
The self-adjusting cleaning head makes it best for homes with different surfaces.
If you also want a quiet operation, the Dyson V11 is your best shot.