Ecovacs Deebot N79W vs. N79S
Price History Chart
Price history Deebot N79S Type Price When Current 180$ April 16, 2021 Highest 300$ January 28, 2019 Lowest 90$ July 8, 2020 Last price changes Date Price Feb 28, 2021 180$ Feb 26, 2021 190$ Feb 23, 2021 165$ Price history Deebot N79W Type Price When Current 165$ April 16, 2021 Highest 300$ August 14, 2019 Lowest 115$ April 18, 2020 Last price changes Date Price Apr 9, 2021 165$ Apr 6, 2021 163$ Apr 5, 2021 160$
The Deebot N79S has been around for quite some time. During its prime time, it was the best selling robot vacuum on Amazon. On the other hand, the N79W is a fairly new model number with the same features and hence the Ecovacs N79W vs. N79S confusion.
It is the successor of the Deebot N79.
The difference between the N79 vs. N79S is the inclusion of WiFi and hence the ‘s’.
This robot vacuum is ideal for small to medium apartments with bare floors, low pile carpets, and pets.
If you are a smart home enthusiast, the ready WiFi allows you to connect your Deebot to Alexa and other smart home hubs.
The N79W was released recently, and according to the manufacturer, it is the same as the Deebot N79S.
However, it is intended for sale on Target, but you can still find it on Amazon.
Please note that there are two variants; N79W vs. N79W+.
We had to inquire about the difference from the manufacturer.
According to the feedback, the N79W+ comes with an extended two-year warranty.
Deebot N79W vs. N79S Similarities
The two robot vacuums boast a lot of similar features. Here are the similarities between Deebot N79W vs. N79S.
- Dimensions and weight – Deebot N79S and N79W are both round shaped. Regarding dimensions, they are also the same at 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.3-inches and measuring just 7.05lbs.
- Cleaning orientation – The two Deebot robots are designed to sweep and vacuum simultaneously. They are ideal for homes with hardwood floors, tiles, vinyl, and low carpets. The N79S and N79W are also ideal for short pet hairs.
- Suction – The higher the suction power, the better the performance. Suction is measured in Pascals, and the output is dependent on the motor’s power. The two vacuums offer a maximum of 1300Pa in Max mode.
- Operation noise – The Generation 2 motor is a bit loud. But thanks to the variable motor speed, you can handle the light tasks in low power mode, which is quieter. These vacuums produce 65 – 70 dB.
- Cleaning modes – Cleaning modes help you customize your cleaning. The N79W and N79S have the same cleaning modes; Auto, Spot, Edge, Single room, and Max. Auto mode is for general cleaning, while Max mode is activated on carpets.
- Brush system – Both vacuums come with two brushes. We have a primary brushroll, and a side sweeping brush. The primary brush is a V-shaped brush system, while the secondary brush system includes two side brushes.
- Filtration system – If you want to get rid of bad odor, make sure you get a vacuum with a filter system. Deebot N79S and N79W both use HEPA-style filters. They are quite efficient though true HEPA is the most recommended for homes with pets and allergy sufferers.
- Bin capacity – Now that the N79W and N79S have the same dimensions, the bin capacity is the same as well. The two come with a 450 ml bin which holds quite a lot of dirt. Unfortunately, there is no full bin indicator.
- Navigation system – Ecovacs is not among the best when it comes to navigation systems. But the Smart Motion navigation system works quite well in apartments with medium traffic.
- Floor mapping – There is no elaborate floor scanning and mapping system in the N79W or N79S. They use a semi-random pattern in cleaning.
- Battery and runtime – No changes have been brought in the new Deebot as far as power management is concerned. The two vacuums have an average runtime of 100 minutes. The recharge is automatic and takes 2-3 hours, but none of them resumes cleaning after recharging.
- Smart connectivity – The Ecovacs Deebot N79W and N79S come with WiFi for smart home compatibility. The two work with the Ecovacs app and sync with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Warranty – While most brands sell their robot vacuums with the same warranty, it is not the case with Deebot N79S and N79W. The company confirmed to us that the N79W comes with the standard one year warranty together with the N79S, but the N79W+ has a two-year warranty.
Deebot N79W vs. N79S Differences
- Aesthetics – The most profound difference between the two vacuums is color. N79S has been finished in black while the N79W is white.
- Clean button – While the interface remains the same with the Deebot and Ecovacs inscriptions, the Clean button is different. The N79W has a squared clean button while the N79S stretches the button with somewhat curved ends.
- Availability – The Deebot N79S is specially meant for the Amazon market. However, the N79W is intended for Target though it has found its way to the Amazon market.
Who Should Buy Deebot N79S
- This is among the cheapest robot vacuums with WiFi in today’s market.
- It is best suited for small to medium-sized apartments with multi rooms.
- It is also a great deal for pet owners, especially cats but for the long-haired breed dogs the brush will get tangled quite often.
Who Should Buy Deebot N79W
- The N79W is probably the model you’re buying if it is on Target. But like we said, it has found its way to Amazon and other retailers.
- This Deebot model is ideal for those looking for a robot vacuum on a budget. It should cost you under $200.