🥇 Deebot 500 vs. N79s vs. Deebot 601
Ecovacs Deebot N79s
Ecovacs Deebot 500
Ecovacs Deebot 601
Best Robot Vacuum Deals Today
- iRobot Roomba i7 — Price $799 (Old Price $999.99; You Save $200) - Check price on Amazon
- iRobot Roomba 960 — Price $449 (Old Price $649.99; You Save $200.99) - Check price on Amazon
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 — Price $199 (Old Price $279.99; You Save $80) - Check price on Amazon
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim) — Price $159 (Old Price $229.99; You Save $70) - Check price on Amazon
- eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 30C — Price $189 (Old Price $299.99; You Save $70) - Check price on Amazon
Price History Chart
Price history Ecovacs Deebot N79s Type Price When Current 200$ April 3, 2020 Highest 300$ January 28, 2019 Lowest 120$ June 14, 2018 Last price changes Date Price Feb 12, 2020 200$ Feb 5, 2020 230$ Jan 30, 2020 199$ Price history Ecovacs Deebot 500 Type Price When Current 180$ April 3, 2020 Highest 280$ July 8, 2019 Lowest 99$ December 29, 2019 Last price changes Date Price Mar 13, 2020 180$ Mar 2, 2020 199$ Feb 23, 2020 160$ Price history Ecovacs Deebot 601 Type Price When Current 195$ April 3, 2020 Highest 278$ July 22, 2019 Lowest 169$ February 24, 2020 Last price changes Date Price Mar 13, 2020 195$ Mar 2, 2020 198$ Feb 29, 2020 193$
Ecovacs is a top brand when it comes to robot vacuums. Besides, it’s affordable compared to the likes of Roomba and Neato Robotics. If you are looking for a cheap model, the N series, 500 series, and 600 series are good places to focus your search.
In this Deebot 500 vs. 601 vs. N79S comparison review, we want to find out which is the best bang for the buck.
The N79s is ideal for homes with bare floors, pets, and low to medium pile carpets.
It is among the cheapest robot vacuums with Wi-Fi.
The Deebot 500 series packs raw power and is available in two color options; black and white.
The 500 is black while the 501 is white – all other features are standard.
This model comes with a remote included so you can operate in from three frontiers; app, onboard and IR remote.
The difference here is the color with the 605 and 600 being the white models while the 601 is black.
The 601 is lacking in terms of suction but has enough raw power to handle delicate floors like tile and linoleum.
- Round shape – The Deebot 500, 601 and N79s are all round-shaped unlike models like Neato which are D-shaped. Also, Ecovacs has square-shaped cleaners, but with curved edges.
- Scheduling – Robot vacuums offer so much convenience and among them is the programmability.
All the Ecovacs models have a scheduling function which allows you to set the preferred cleaning times. You can program the robot vacuums for seven days straight.
- Smart connectivity – Smart home technology is increasingly becoming popular. All three robot vacuums in our comparison come with Wi-Fi (2.4GHz). This allows homeowners to operate the robot remotely as long as there is a stable internet connection. The app displays crucial data like cleaning modes, notifications, and power, among others.
With Wi-Fi, you can also pair up your Deebot with home automation platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant as well as Smart hubs like SmartThings.
- Power management – Robot vacuums have inbuilt batteries. Most models recharge automatically and resume cleaning, but others only have auto-recharge.
The Deebot N79s, Deebot 500/501 and Deebot 600/601 will all recharge automatically. Once the battery levels go down, the robot will dock, but unfortunately, none of them resumes cleaning after recharging.
- Navigation – There are two basic navigation systems based on the algorithm used. First is SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and VSLAM (Visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping).
The three Ecovacs models use a SLAM navigation system, which sends lasers beams to the wall. When the beams bounce back, the software can calculate the position of the robot in relation to the walls. This technology is dubbed Smart Motion.
- Floor mapping – The three Ecovacs robots are low end, and lack an elaborate floor mapping system. They move in a random pattern, and that is the reason they may miss some spots in large apartments and high traffic rooms.
- Filtration system – If you have pets and allergies, always aim for an efficient filtration system. We have a HEPA filter and HEPA style options.
Unfortunately, Ecovacs has not explored the efficient true-HEPA technology here. None of the three robot vacuums comes with true-HEPA filters, which are 99% efficient and filter down to 3 microns. The HEPA style filters used are 99% efficient but filter down to 10 microns.
- Dimensions and weight – There is a slight difference in the dimensions and weight of the three robot vacuums.
The Deboot 601 measures 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.3 inches and weighs just 9.7lbs. Next is the Deebot N79s, which measures 13 x 13 x 3.1 inches and weighs 7.05 lbs. Last is Deebot 500, which measures 12.9 x 12.9 x 3.1 inches and is much lighter at 6.7lbs.
- Suction power – A good robot vacuum should have the highest suction power to pick up dirt even from the deepest parts of the carpets. The three vacuums differ when it comes to output.
Ecovacs N79s boasts 1000Pa suction power making it ideal for bare floors, low pile carpets, and pet hair. The Deebot 500 has no specified suction rating so far, but it comes with a Max mode that should take suction to 1000Pa. Lastly is the Deebot 601, which has a rated suction power of 800Pa.
- Cleaning modes – Robot vacuums have different modes for customized cleaning. Here, the three models vary again.
The Deebot N79s comes with four cleaning modes; Auto, Spot, Edge, Single room, and Max. On the other hand, the Deebot 500 comes with Auto, Edge, Spot, and MAX modes. Lastly, the Deebot 600 features four cleaning modes as well, including Max Mode.
- Cleaning orientation – Unlike regular vacuums, robot vacuums are highly specialized. The three models are not the same.
The Deebot N79s and Deebot 500 are ideal for cleaning bare floors, and carpets as well (low pile). You can also buy any of the two if you have pet hair. On the other hand, the Deebot 600 and 601 are explicitly designed for bare floors. If you have carpets, this is not the best choice.
- Battery and runtime – While power management is the same for all the three Deebot vacuums, the battery capacity varies, and so does the runtime.
The Deebot N79s features a 2600 mAh battery that lasts 100 minutes on average. But when Max mode is active, the runtime is shorter, around 80 minutes. On the other hand, the Deebot 500 and 600 have a slightly bigger battery, 3,000mAh to be precise. They do an average of 110 minutes.
- IR remote – A physical remote comes in handy in households, which do not have reliable internet. At least, you can use it to control the robot from a distance, without bending your back. Only the Deebot 500 comes with a physical IR remote. The other two are compatible with remotes also.
- Bin capacity – A larger bin is always the best choice. Also, consider aspects like full bin notification and usability. The Deebot N79s comes with a 0.45L bin which is larger than the 0.3L bin the Deebot 600 comes with. The best choice here is the Deebot 500, which comes with a large 0.52L bin. But none of them has a full bin indicator like the Roombas.
Who Should Buy Deebot N79s?
- The Deebot N79s is the best choice in terms of value for money.
- It comes with high suction and was at one time the best selling robot vacuum on Amazon.
- The N79s is suitable for homes with all types of bare floors.
- The Max mode also comes in handy on low to medium pile carpets.
Who Should Buy Deebot 500?
- The Deebot 500 is the best choice for those who want remote operation without necessarily having internet.
- The physical IR remote allows you to control the robot from 13 ft away.
- The 500 is also suitable for homes with bare floors and carpets as well.
- You can also buy the Deebot 500 if you have pets – both the short-haired breeds and the long-haired.
Who Should Buy Deebot 601?
- The Deebot 601 is the best choice for homeowners with bare floors and less busy homes.
- It comes with average suction power but is also quiet compared to the other two.
- That also makes it best for households with small babies. Sleep won’t be interrupted, and pets won’t feel intimidated by the loud noise.
- It is also ideal for a smart home enthusiast.