- My Account
- Best of the 'Box
- What's New
- Open Lidar
RobotBox is a community for robot builders to show off their projects. Add yours today.
Simple differential drive rover:
- Locked anti-phase PWM for speed/direction control
- IR sensor ring for obstacle detection/avoidance
- Light detection via CDS cells
- Sound feedback via Piezo element
- User input via menu system (4x20 LCD, rotary encoder, push buttons)
Wheels, body, and risers are hand-machined plexiglass.
Tires are the rubber drive belts for a vacuum cleaner.
Brain and motor circuits are opto-isolated from each other.
Powered by two rechargeable 9-volt batteries. Can run for about 15 minutes non-stop before motor battery needs to be recharged.
Eventually the bot will be used for testing subsumption-style behavior.
- photo anxious-ambivalence
Still need to add:
- Bump sensors
- More behaviors
May also add sonar, and possibly a web cam just for fun.